Honeywell st9100 timer problems | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell st9100 timer problems in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Have Honeywell ST9100a I’ve had to replace the relay on a number of occasions, can anyone point me to a copy of the schematic circuit diagram I can download. Have been told it’s a capacitor that’s at fault but before I change that want to check the circuit. Any help would be appreciated

Hi Plipplop
It's clear from a few blogs and videos on the web that the blue 0.68uF type X capacitor that is used as a 'mains dropper' is a common source of one or more of the relays not pulling in. As the capacitor fades in value over time there is less voltage to drive the relay(s). I think you may need someone on the inside to help you with a circuit diagram of the internals though.
Best wishes repairing it - do use the correct X type capacitor!

Hi Plipplop
It's clear from a few blogs and videos on the web that the blue 0.68uF type X capacitor that is used as a 'mains dropper' is a common source of one or more of the relays not pulling in. As the capacitor fades in value over time there is less voltage to drive the relay(s). I think you may need someone on the inside to help you with a circuit diagram of the internals though.
Brian,
thanks very much for your prompt reply, I may have to change the unit as it’s really needed by the family, it will give me a chance to change the cap without any pressure and hope it works. Once again thanks for your help

Brian,
thanks very much for your prompt reply, I may have to change the unit as it’s really needed by the family, it will give me a chance to change the cap without any pressure and hope it works. Once again thanks for your help
Brian,
just a quick update for you, I received the .68uf cap this afternoon changed it and it duly cured all problems, so as you stated this is the fix fir these types of problems. Prior to this I checked with multimeter and have the readings available, also checked the new cap as comparator as the original would appear ok to the ‘naked’, I think I might post the readings so others can check component before ordering and maybe getting it wrong. I bought it from farnell it’s 0.91 pence but 6 pounds postage, best to pick up from local radio spares store if possible.

Brian,
just a quick update for you, I received the .68uf cap this afternoon changed it and it duly cured all problems, so as you stated this is the fix fir these types of problems. Prior to this I checked with multimeter and have the readings available, also checked the new cap as comparator as the original would appear ok to the ‘naked’, I think I might post the readings so others can check component before ordering and maybe getting it wrong. I bought it from farnell it’s 0.91 pence but 6 pounds postage, best to pick up from local radio spares store if possible.
Hi Plipplop
Thank you very much for letting us know how it turned out, always nice to hear.
Farnell is great, except for the postage!
Glad it fixed the problem.
Best regards.

Interesting post.
Have holiday home in France and have had the same problem I.e. message to heater not getting through. I know with normal capacitors they visually bulge on top if duff. Can not see the same on the blue square ones.
91 pence seems better than £28.58 (cheapest I could find)
Will let you know if I have a good result.
Cheers Chaps
Col

Hi Plipplop

Yep. Replacing this capacitor fixed the problem on my Honeywell ST9100 controller. May thanks

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You can, as suggested, top up at night/very...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply whats the best suggestion...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Back