Hot water, but only just | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hot water, but only just in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Got a Worcester combi boiler that gets serviced every year through BG, but we are finding that the hot water is never that hot.

I think the water is passing through the boiler too fast and doesn't get a chance to heat properly.

Very noticeable on the bath, where we have to close the tap down quite a bit until the flow rate reduces coming out the tap.

Is there a way to reduce the flow rate as it goes through the boiler?

Even though to get hot water you need to close the tap to a trickle but believe you can get adequate flow - albeit if cold, the alternatives are simply that either the **amended as mentions boiler repairs**. I realise that either of these should affect the total flow and not just hot flow, but I have seen exactly this symptom on a W-B 34 combi in a very hard water area (Bath). If either prove to be the problem, you could - after fixing - also install a CombiMate to help reduce its tendency to scale the DHW side (the CH side should not scale).

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Do you have a water cistern in the loft that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi have been a plumber for 50 years this month...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
Back