How do I refill the boiler? - Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28 combi | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How do I refill the boiler? - Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28 combi in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. I've got the same problem but I can't find any taps to turn that are attached to my boiler. The pipes go down behind the cupboards and I can't access them without tearing up the kitchen (it's a rental property, so I'm not really likely to tear up the kitchen on a whim.

However, there are pipes going into the boiler, some of which look like they may have fittings for a tap, which just isn't there. I don't want to go screwing and unscrewing things blindly, so any advice would be much appreciated. I've attached pictures of the underside of the boiler so that ye all know what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

Pat.

photo.JPGIMG_10.jpg

Have a look in the cupboard underneath the boiler,there may be a fill loop fitted in the back of it or underneath it behind the kick board.

Thanks for your response. I'm getting a bit frustrated sitting round here with no heating or hot water. However, when I empty the cupboard it's all sealed up. As is the kick board. In the cupboard under the sink there's just the stopcock for the water. Might it be anywhere else? Or can I do anything with those pipes I have a picture of?

Have a look in the cupboard underneath the boiler,there may be a fill loop fitted in the back of it or underneath it behind the kick board.

It is a metal braided hose with normally black handled valves connected on either end that you are looking for. Try the other kitchen cupboards, failing that any other cupboards in the house. Do you have an upstairs cupboard that may have at one time contained a hot water cylinder? It's unlikely but the filler could be there.

Thank you again for your help. It's much appreciated. I'm in a one-bedroom flat, so there's not many places this thing can be hiding. My guess is that it's boarded up behind the tiling beneath the boiler or the space behind the cupboard. Unfortunately they're all sealed up (although I've just discovered a little screw on the tiling. I'm not sure quite what that does, is it possible that's linked to the tap?). I don't want to go knocking these things down unless I know for sure the stuff I need is back there. There's supposed to be a plumber coming out within the next few hours according to the housing association, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is there a way to remove that tiled boxing?

I had the plumber over and he had a go at it. Apparently it's not easily removable so I've to wait till tomorrow to talk to someone from the housing association to get permission to get it smashed in. Seems it's likely to be hidden behind there.

For shame.

Thanks for all your help though!

dont need permission,
the landlord is breaking the law by boxing in compression fittings on the gas supply pipework to the the boiler.
these cannot be inspected properly so i doubt your gas safe cert has been done to the book either.

your landlords a plonker boxing it in like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
As above connect the braided hose to the two...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back