How do you get rid of an old bathroom suite? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How do you get rid of an old bathroom suite? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Obviously all copper, brass, lead etc is weighed in and sold for beer money but what do you do with old toilets, dishwashers, baths etc,? my local tip is a fortune to use the weighbridge so I can't imagine many plumbers/builders use them.
Do you leave it with the customer for them to get rid of?

i aways state in my terms of contract that items like bathroom suites etc are down to the customer to dispose off unless its a bit job then customer sorts out a skip.
be careful when removing cylinders, pipework, etc from jobs as its not your property and if you take without asking it can be classed as theft. i aways say would you like me to dispose of the waste copper full well knowing its in my favour to take it, but you've covered yourself.

i always put on the quote the customer must supply a skip or remove the waste them selfs.
as for the copper, taps ect you now need a waste license to transport any waste this will cost you £150 for 3 years or £5000 if you get pulled transporting the waste

I usually pay a waste disposal firm to collect and legally dispose of old baths, sinks, etc., and pass the cost on to the customer (by prior agreement, of course). It usually costs about £30, but I always check first before quoting.

Copper and brass, of course, I keep for my collection if the customer agrees -- some do not!

Give customer the option.

get rid of it themselves for free, but with a dirty car and some effort.

get a medium skip, £120 inc vat, round here.

ha ha ha .....check me out from 6 years ago asking basic questions.

I knew 100% of sod all back then.:blush2:

M6 northbound Friday backdoors open bye bye and its free
centralheatking
Obviously all copper, brass, lead etc is weighed in and sold for beer money but what do you do with old toilets, dishwashers, baths etc,? my local tip is a fortune to use the weighbridge so I can't imagine many plumbers/builders use them.
Do you leave it with the customer for them to get rid of?

Paint it Silver or Bronze them leave on pavement...the flat back will soon be along.

Its always good to get to know a guy who can get rid of it at the local tip but doesnt get charged , the guy i use comes and takes everything away for £30 and he knows the guy at the tip so he doesnt get charged,,but the prices are ridiculous or if the customers have a trailer they sometimes offer to get rid as only businesses get charged to dump with us but dare say same all over,

Its always good to get to know a guy who can get rid of it at the local tip but doesnt get charged , the guy i use comes and takes everything away for £30 and he knows the guy at the tip so he doesnt get charged,,but the prices are ridiculous or if the customers have a trailer they sometimes offer to get rid as only businesses get charged to dump with us but dare say same all over,

More likely ends up on an old country lane than down than down the tip

Burn it on their driveway in an oil barrel. (I promise it's smoke free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
I believe he's talking about using plastic for...
Replies
Views
A
Brilliant, thanks KoP - I'll give it a go and...
Replies
Views
update on floor.....it looks like i have a...
Replies
Views
Back