How far ahead do you have work booked? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How far ahead do you have work booked? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Been running on minimal work for the last 3 months due to a delay in a restructure and rebrand, not helped by BT open reach being a bunch of muppets and Talktalk not being any better!

Very quiet period for me. I got bits and pieces to do over the next couple of weeks like the odd tap and radiator change. I have work next week and I have a large bathroom to do in September and then nothing again. I don't book things in weeks in advance as I'm far to unorganised and would probably forget some lol. Winter period is a different animal though

Well she has got British Gas in to do it. In her words she is paying over the odds but gets it done when she wants and can pay it in instalments. I did send her an email once I had chilled a bit, along the lines of what Ray suggested and she rang to ask why I was so busy, and why didn't I just employ someone. Going back to do the tap in a few weeks, think she is just high maintenance, she is a single lady in her early 40's, sadly lost her mum and dad so been left a load of money (only child too) which is why she bought this house and spent loads on it. Think she understands a little bit better that I can't just drop everything but is just used to getting her own way. I know she has fallen out with loads of tradesmen in the year I have been working for her, and now I can see why!

It's interesting though to see what timescales everyone else is working to, I do the odd bit of subbying but went through my diary and have done 5 days in the last 8 weeks, so it's not that keeping me busy.

I too am trying to keep 1 day a week free, either Monday or Friday to catch up,with paperwork or fit in the little jobs but it just doesn't seem to be working out that way at the moment, I think I need to get a bit tougher and feel less guilty about saying no. Guess it's better to be busy than not have enough but which is wasn't feast or famine, just steady would be good!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
I’m fairly sure it isn’t - I’ve got one of...
Replies
Views
Back