how much does a potterton flamingo 50s weigh? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss how much does a potterton flamingo 50s weigh? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early Worcester combis are heavy, last one I did was a 9.24 and it was around 68 kg

How much does a Potterton Flamingo weigh?

When it was installed, I was probably in my 20s or early 30s. At that time, a Flamingo was a medium weight boiler - just a light upper body workout.

In the intervening 25 years, the old Flamingo has put on weight even faster than me. Now its a really heavy weight. :)

It depends what output they are. Bigger output bigger lump of cast.
Around 180lb tho and seem a lot heavier than they were 30 years ago.

I have serviced a GW Ultimate 120 for 11 years, the top of the casing is approx 7 foot off the floor. Every year the customer asks if he needs a new boiler, every year the same answer " NO"

I dread the time I have to lift the beast down.

I have serviced a GW Ultimate 120 for 11 years, the top of the casing is approx 7 foot off the floor. Every year the customer asks if he needs a new boiler, every year the same answer " NO"

I dread the time I have to lift the beast down.

Gravity will help on the way down. Out to the van is the more difficult bit

Gravity will help on the way down. Out to the van is the more difficult bit

You need to catch it tho or wreck the kitchen.
Putting them up was easier than taking them down.
Standing on the womans 3 legged stool you took a dive at the wall over the worktop and hoped you landed above the bracket and slid it down into position :smile:

an theres me stripping combis down on the wall to save whats left of my spinal discs when removing old ones :)

I've not got time for that nonsense. My body is wrecked anyway so i just humpf them off.

I'm beginning to regret my misspent youth as time catches up on me :smile:

thought it was just me ,every potterton I take of the wall nowdays I think its caught on something as I cant get it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
All good. Cheers mate!!! Have a great weekend!!
Replies
Views
Excellent thank you for taking the time to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Hi bongolia. I mean if it's a flat on ground...
Replies
Views
Back