How much servicing space required around boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How much servicing space required around boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a customer with a large utility room housing the boiler. He wants to use it as a downstairs cloakroom with shower as well as a utility area. I have suggested to my electrician that if I build a small room (cupboard) around the boiler so it is its separate area this will overcome the problems with having the shower in the same room, he says this would be okay. So I plan to create a small room about 800mm square with a door access from the utility area, as you open the door to this room the boiler would be on the right and a stud wall opposite, so around 500mm space between the front of the boiler and the wall. When the door is open there would be plenty of space at the side. Would there be sufficient space for servicing of the boiler? I am not a GSR plumber so do not touch them, the boiler is a fairly recent worcester combi boiler.

read the MI you will get the info in there but with combis you dont need alot of space best checkin the MI's if their not there google the boiler and get the MI's

MIs usually state no less than 600mm to the front of the boiler, 150 - 200mm top and bottom and about 5mm from the sides. What you are building is not a room but is classed as a compartment, look in this section on the MIs for the regs

That's right 600mm is the least in front, but if you box it in that I cannot remove ALL the parts it DON"T get fixed especially side ways
Lots of kitchen fitters box boilers in so tightly can't take the case off so I go home YOU freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Thanks will try this out, appreciate the help
Replies
Views
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
It's not impossible but I doubt that the...
Replies
Views
Back