how much to charge for a lioke for like boiler change? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss how much to charge for a lioke for like boiler change? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

henrymerrington

ive only recently got my gas safe and am wondering what the going rate for a boiler change (labour only)? thanks in advance.

depends on how legally your doing it! theres a couple of blokes around here doing it for 200 quid, no questions asked.
i think 500 quid for a self employed, tax paying gentlemen with a guarantee is a fairish price.

All depends where you are and how long its going to take you. My rate is £200 a day. Im happy working at that, i dont string jobs out to get that work as there's plenty of it around.

Just a question migo, how'd you manage with the snow today? Took me 3 hours to get from leyland to blackpool, wish i hadn't of bothered.

Last edited by a moderator:
like for like £350 I'd say inc materials?Are you PFlushing?If so more

blimey in londinium labour is more like 800 if u inclde flushing and trvs fitting

Cost of living are alot higher in london though, and so are other peoples wages. We are simple common northerners we have to be realistic.

Get BG to quote for it and then take 40% off their price!

Seriously though, if you are fitting a new boiler then you should be powerflushing the system which will add to the cost. Most plumbers I know now also fit a magnaclean filter to safeguard the customer's investment.

Labour only? Does this mean that the customer is supplying their own boiler? If it is a cheapo from Block & Quayle then tell them to find another plumber. Otherwise make it clear in words of one syllable on the bill that any post installation call-outs for boiler problems are fully chargeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back