How old is my Grundfos pump? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How old is my Grundfos pump? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thrown fuses anymore when a light fitting blows.
So I am not alone! The kitchen has six GU10 50W halogen lamps and every time one gives up it knocks out the whole downstairs lighting - I know which switch to reset as I've had plenty of practice.

Why does this happen (tripping the fuse-switch) and are there alternatives to the GU10 which won't do this?

You can get led replacements. have a look at these.

[DLMURL="http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/60ledgu10w/lamp-gu10-60-led-white/dp/LP04615"]60LEDGU10W - PRO ELEC - LAMP GU10 60 LED WHITE | CPC[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I knocked through our kitchen and living room...and fitted 30 spot lights. All with 50W lamps! All been good until one blew the other week, knocked the fuse out and killed the dimmer. (Its not a standard dimmer - but more expensive one designed to deal with the bigger load).

I would change em all the LED - but the dimmable ones are a FORTUNE!!

I knocked through our kitchen and living room...and fitted 30 spot lights. All with 50W lamps! All been good until one blew the other week, knocked the fuse out and killed the dimmer. (Its not a standard dimmer - but more expensive one designed to deal with the bigger load).

I would change em all the LED - but the dimmable ones are a FORTUNE!!
Do you actually use the dimmer though Danny or do you find like me that it just gets left on the same setting all the time ??

So I am not alone! The kitchen has six GU10 50W halogen lamps and every time one gives up it knocks out the whole downstairs lighting - I know which switch to reset as I've had plenty of practice.

Why does this happen (tripping the fuse-switch) and are there alternatives to the GU10 which won't do this?

GU10 is perfect as you will not have transformers. Is it high ceilings? Are the lights used as general lighting or as spots? Is the kitchen a totally separated room that does not get used for living? Is there other lights in the kitchen?
What size of floor area are we talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
GU10 is perfect as you will not have transformers. Is it high ceilings? Are the lights used as general lighting or as spots? Is the kitchen a totally separated room that does not get used for living? Is there other lights in the kitchen?
What size of floor area are we talking about?

The fuse typically gets blown by a short fuse via an arc. You would get that on conventional bulbs more often as well if the contacts would be closer.

I knocked through our kitchen and living room...and fitted 30 spot lights. All with 50W lamps!

This is not knocking Danny but using 1.5kw to light a room is very common these days. Save the planet? :lol:

If you get the LED replacements, make sure you get the ones suitable for a ceiling as some are designed more as diffusers and give off weak light

No worries about knocking me. I had plenty of it from the blokes at work.

It's seperated into four switches. So we don't have all on at the same time. (I don't live in a big house by the way).

But its great loads of light when you need it.

I've got 12 in my bathroom. Good for finding the blackheads :lol:

Peoples perceptions of what is green is mainly a load of garbage.

I've got 12 in my bathroom.
Peoples perceptions of what is green is mainly a load of garbage.

Well, this can still be considered as green. As you are using one of the most efficient ways of heating and that only at demand.

Hardly when my electric underfloor in the same bathroom is set to 30 and my heating is never off!

Hardly when my electric underfloor in the same bathroom is set to 30 and my heating is never off!

Well, bearing in mind that the advised bathroom temperature is 24 degC you are doing well. And the heat given off by the spots is obvioulsly in the form of radiation which creates a warm feeling when you get out of your shower.
As I said, it gets only used when in use so yes it is as green as possible.
I hope you used tinfoil backed plasterboard for not loosing the heat radiation prematurely.

Come on noo. I'm a poor plumber. I cant afford tin foil gyproc :smile:

89 replies,amazing could someone not tell the op its knackered have a combi LOL

Jesus i done a bit of research the other week trying to find out which year my fender guitar was made then i click on here and somebody is trying to find out how old there c/h pump is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It looks like you can lever off the electrics...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
Has there been any resolution to this please...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Hi mate not sure if you corrected this, we had...
2 3
Replies
Views
JonnyBagman
J
Capacitor at fault likely
Replies
Views
Good to know. FWIW, I've seen this...
Replies
Views
Back