How to calculate a cold water storage for 144L Hot water cylinder? | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss How to calculate a cold water storage for 144L Hot water cylinder? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

T

totcambiu

Hi guys.

Im desperate for a professional advice. I have recently moved to a new flat where I have a problem with my hot water running out very quickly. The plumber boy provided by the landlady made several visits to no avail. First blaming on the scale buildup, then on a faulty thermostat but nothing have helped so far.

Problem: When I try to fill the bath with hot water ONLY. I'm able to fill 60L of hot water and then water start very quickly but gradually running cold. I have no idea how this whole setup works, but if think logically it looks like hot water cylinder is not filled in to its 144L capacity.

Possible problems from my point of view: There is either a air inside the cylinder that blocks the water intake or cold water storage too small for this setup. Ive asked him about air he says that its an open system or something and there is a vent where excess hot water and air goes out back into the cold water storage. It leaves me with the small cold storage tank.

Is there a formula to calculate and adequate cold storage tank capacity for 144L hot water cylinder? or can someone give me a rough estimate? The cold water storage is about 1.60cm high from the floor.

Current cold water storage size (actual water in the box) 39(L)x25(W)x18(H)=17550
17550/1000 =17.5L

Hot water cylinder capacity is 144L (1050x450)

there is also an electric pump that pumps the hot water, because there is not enough pressure otherwise.

any advice will be highly appreciated.

2 immersion heaters in the cylinder, Yes?

1 in the top, Yes?
1 in the side low down,Yes?

How are these controlled, do YOU switch them on?
Are they timed?
Is one on Economy 7 (off peak charge) usually the lower one.?
and 1 on normal rate?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
The most likely explanation for what you are...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Okay, so this shower is a potential route for...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
  • Question
You’re a genius, thank you! Held my thumb over...
Replies
Views
Back