Ideal classic 260. sparks, burner lights for split sec on and goes out. repeats. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal classic 260. sparks, burner lights for split sec on and goes out. repeats. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone familiar with this boiler and come across something similar before?

The tech guys said it must be an external control. I'm not so sure.

New fan put in 3 weeks ago.

Colleague thinks pcb or gas valve, leaning towards pcb.

I have ordered a few different parts so hopefully its one of those.

gas valve solenoid not closing and cutting gas off?

Could it be the air pressure switch dropping in and out or the tubes leaking to the aps

Could it be the air pressure switch dropping in and out or the tubes leaking to the aps

I have picked up an aps, that was my first thought until i spoke to tech and they said its something external to the boiler.

Thats one possibility discussed today. I have ordered the gas valve and pcb and aps.

That'll cover it. My bets on flame rectification, it'll be the pcb or a knackered electrode lead.

New fan fitted by someone 3 weeks ago, hose on the back split. Couldn't even see it. Replaced pas as likely on way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Should of got a gas safe engy in to do the repair
Replies
Views
I wouldn't rule out the pcb though, they do go...
Replies
Views
S
You need a gsr in to look at your boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
D
How did you test the differential pressure...
Replies
Views
T
np and you will see my reply unless gas safe...
Replies
Views
Back