Potterton Promax 15HE Heat only boiler replacement | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Potterton Promax 15HE Heat only boiler replacement in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I am misinformed then. I thought I had an open vented system because I have a pipe sticking out if my house where the steam comes out lol. Am I correct in assuming that I need to order viesmann 100-w compact heat only boiler and not system boiler? The link that Shaun posted above was for an open vent viessmann as well.
Or are we saying that I have a sealed system with a Potterton heat only boiler? This is confusing lol. I need to know if j should buy viessmann 100-w open vent heat only or system boiler please

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like I am misinformed then. I thought I had an open vented system because I have a pipe sticking out if my house where the steam comes out lol. Am I correct in assuming that I need to order viesmann 100-w compact heat only boiler and not system boiler? Please confirm

thats the flue i think your talking about, same loc as the boiler? :D

thats the flue i think your talking about, same loc as the boiler? :D

Ah my bad. Must be the flue lol. So do I need to get 100-w system or heat only please? When you shared the link for the viessmann you installed I thought you meant I should install the same one lol. Can you please post a link of the 26kW 100-w model that I should consider? Fit some reason I cannot post links to website :(

Ah my bad. Must be the flue lol. So do I need to get 100-w system or heat only please? When you shared the link for the viessmann you installed I thought you meant I should install the same one lol. Can you please post a link of the 26kW 100-w model that I should consider? Fit some reason I cannot post links to website :(

the link i posted will fit both system if you read it will say

"Whilst being specifically designed for open vent heating systems, the Vitodens 100-W Open vent is suitable for sealed systems using an additional expansion vessel safety valve."

if any worries phone viessmann up they have a nice tech service /advice

Last edited:
Thanks that makes sense. So if j order the one you linked, then I should also order the valve since my system is sealed. Now it makes sense cheers.

Thanks that makes sense. So if j order the one you linked, then I should also order the valve since my system is sealed. Now it makes sense cheers.

you should already have the valve, like i have said before if you want to buy the stuff as your installer what he requires if hes good he will make/ write a list of what he requires

In that case ignore my pm mate. I think I should go to sleep. I have enough jargon for today lol. You have been fantastic help mate. I owe you one :)

In that case ignore my pm mate. I think I should go to sleep. I have enough jargon for today lol. You have been fantastic help mate. I owe you one :)

np and you will see my reply unless gas safe cant go into product detail too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
baxi 600 or 800 heat or viessmann 100 would be...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
I need someone to replace my boiler, I am...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back