ideal classic | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal classic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

markinaark

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
been to a service on a ideal classic nf . sequence all normal all fires up lovely , then as expected when reaches temp, (burner flame out.fan off etc), then immediatly tryes to ignite pilot, sparks up pilot on for 1/2 seconds and then repeats this cycle till boiler drops in temperature then fires up as normal and repeats this over and over.

first thoughts replace pcb ,
but surely a board could not skip a range of safety checks ie fan aps stats etc to go directly to ignition .

any thoughs or suggestions appreciated.

the sequence at the start , confirms everthing as should be,
but when reaches temp. should really go to stanby until system cools and stat kicks back in. has me a wee bit baffled at the minute..
but it will attempt to ignite , and opens pilot valve for 1/2 seconds then off and then back on. and continues till stat takes over.,

I had a similar problem although not quite as odd recently, the fan would run for a second then turn off etc which was the potentiometer, but I would say board in your case as like you say something has to be a miss for it to skip through the sequence.

Does the APS close when the fan goes off?

would assume board checks aps for nc position , to confirm before activates fan, if aps was stuck .shouldnt go to next stage. boiler seems to have a mind of its own .
fan only starts after the stat kicks back in.

That's a strange one. Would say board, but never changed one and I look after a few of these. Normally very reliable, with the fan being the most common fault.

I would say fan is dirty. Aps very sensitive on this boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Cadet will cap the gas due to the smell of gas...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
In what way has the 3 port and pump been tested?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi John, yes I think you are spot on, if the...
Replies
Views
Depending on model it might be auto ignition...
Replies
Views
Back