Ideal heat 24 boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal heat 24 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Ahhh yes, the lovely squealing fans:D

I very much appreciate seeing the responses above.

Replies #21 and #22 rather highlight what I was saying about the diametrically opposing views.

And strangely I do have the Classic. It was that that I intended to replace as it's 23 years old. And yes, since I took over ownership of it (in 2005) it's had a fan plus a gas valve plus a PCB plus an air pressure switch - it may have had more bits fitted in the preceding ten years before I moved in here.

Last edited:
Only One , i have had to change my fan twice in the last 14 years and I’m pretty sure it will be due for a new one in the next year ,
It’s the only issue I’ve had with the boiler since new .

We won’t get into the BG fix for the first time it failed
If it wasn’t for forums like this I would never have won my battle BG

I also fit loads of ideals, not had one single problem, I've fitted 2 baxi duotechs and one has had thermosister and filter changed, less than 3 years old. To be fair to baxi they were straight out and changed the parts free of charge on the 7 year warranty.

I've also changed the sump on a couple of ideals I didn't fit, about 7-10 years old. Its an easy job so don't worry, think I did one for about £170 all in.

Trick is to get it serviced and keep an eye out for water in the case, its only a problem if you ignore it and the condensate rots the inside of the casing

I fit Ideal max as standard now, with the 10 year warranty

When you said "Trick is to get it serviced and keep an eye out for water in the case, its only a problem if you ignore it and the condensate rots the inside of the casing" --- it was that that I was thinking of when I said that if the sump started to leak the day after it was serviced there would be a little pond laying (un-noticed) there for 11 months and 29 days - UNLESS I were to open the case to check for water every week/month/3 months (and I don't suppose I'm allowed to open the case anyway).

However, as has been said, I'm given to over-thinking things - maybe I shouldn't concern myself. Or should fit an Intergas and take my chances there. Questions Questions :)

There is one whole estate in my village that was built with the classic ff and I mainatin
When you said "Trick is to get it serviced and keep an eye out for water in the case, its only a problem if you ignore it and the condensate rots the inside of the casing" --- it was that that I was thinking of when I said that if the sump started to leak the day after it was serviced there would be a little pond laying (un-noticed) there for 11 months and 29 days - UNLESS I were to open the case to check for water every week/month/3 months (and I don't suppose I'm allowed to open the case anyway).

However, as has been said, I'm given to over-thinking things - maybe I shouldn't concern myself. Or should fit an Intergas and take my chances there. Questions Questions :)

I agree with was your saying but the sumps I have replaced have been shown to leak from the not so sealed case with no rot or rust

OK fellas - I really am taking in what you're saying.

Take a look at this short clip of Logic Heat Only (the one I'm considering) and tell me whether the state of the case is acceptable to most of us.

The fella says it highlights the importance of servicing. Which we all know. But this wasn't something that a service would have included - it either leaks or it doesn't and if it wasn't leaking on the day of the service then I go back to my point about the water laying there for up to a year if it goes un-noticed.

I fit a lot of ideals and changed about 5 sumps (not on my installs) they leak out of the case before any damage can be done. Only does damage if the customers just ignores the leak.

But it does annoy me that they are not acknowledging the sump issue.

There's a number of complaints on Ideal's Trustpilot pages about sumps and HEXs generally and a recent reply from Ideal says there's NO problem. Have a look yourself.

There's a number of complaints on Ideal's Trustpilot pages about sumps and HEXs generally and a recent reply from Ideal says there's NO problem. Have a look yourself.
Ha ha. Just read the reply from ideal on trust pilot. . The person gave them. Evidence from numerous sources that ideal has a fault with there plastic sumps. Massive amount of factual evidence. And there reply was plain not accepting it and going on about the many thousands that is fitted every month.

All received. Indeed so.
Just had a reply from ideal on there fb page. This department. Apparently unaware of the cracks in the sumps and said I should not worry

Screenshot_20190522_083839_com.facebook.orca.jpg

Ideal are never going to admit any liability in a million years so save your breath. Stan, it's done...your's will probably be fine if you look after it.

All received, gmartine. And I'm sure you're right.

Trouble is I speak as the owner of one of the Volkswagen group's DSG automatic gearboxes. The ones with the troublesesome clutch packs. It took a long time and lots of pressure before VAG acknowledged there WAS a problem and, eventually, they changed my clutch pack and gearbox oil from synthetic to mineral under warranty as part of a recall - but not straight away - it took them ages to fess up.

So when Ideal say there's no problem when lots of owners and engineers say there is, it irritates me.

Just had a reply from ideal on there fb page. This department. Apparently unaware of the cracks in the sumps and said I should not worry

View attachment 38753

Did you honestly expect a multi million pound company national company to turn around and say yes there is a problem. Why would they do that? It would cost them a fortune in the long run with repairs and loss of sales as they would have to admit they have made another boiler with a fault.

You should of done your research before hand not once it has been installed. Now just have it serviced if it starts leaking call ideal out. End of.

Thank you, Millsey.
I fully understood the first part of your reply and see exactly what you're saying.

But regarding the second bit - you told me to do my research beforehand and not once it's installed.. etc.

Where have I said I've had one installed?

In fact I AM doing my research right now, as has been said in previous posts. Everyone else who has replied has seen that I'm doing my pre - purchase checks now, and I've been very grateful to them.

Thank you, Millsey.
I fully understood the first part of your reply and see exactly what you're saying.

But regarding the second bit - you told me to do my research beforehand and not once it's installed.. etc.

Where have I said I've had one installed?

In fact I AM doing my research right now, as has been said in previous posts. Everyone else who has replied has seen that I'm doing my pre - purchase checks now, and I've been very grateful to them.

Did I quote your post?

Millsey, when you've written :-

You should of done your research before hand not once it has been installed. Now just have it serviced if it starts leaking call ideal out. End of..

.. then your thoughts are pretty clear, are they not?

Anyway, the advisory note below says keep posts polite - and I see this going the wrong way so I'll thank you, and come out of your way.

If I've misunderstood that your reply was to someone else then I apologise. But I say again :- the advisory says keep posts polite. My knickers are suitably untwisted, thank you, and I don't wish to pursue the point and risk introducing bad feeling in to the topic.
But thank you for your advice.

Last edited:
Stan I quoted mjc who HAS HAD THE BOILER INSTALLED.

So untwist those knickers.
Yep. It was me who has had the boiler fitted and started the thread. Seem to work OK. Nice and qiuet. Great install. Works well. I just had the initial concern of them still fitting inferior parts.

Millsey, when you've written :-

You should of done your research before hand not once it has been installed. Now just have it serviced if it starts leaking call ideal out. End of..

.. then your thoughts are pretty clear, are they not?

Anyway, the advisory note below says keep posts polite - and I see this going the wrong way so I'll thank you, and come out of your way.
Hi Stan he’d clearly quoted another member not yourself

Similar plumbing topics

Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
    • Love
@Ric2013 your comments about PP and CP are...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
It doesn’t sound like you’ve had the best...
Replies
Views
Back