Ideal independent c30 boiler not turning off when thermostat is altered | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal independent c30 boiler not turning off when thermostat is altered in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timblack

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read this. Secondly, apologies for any naiive use of terms as I am no professional.

I moved into a house 6 months ago, but since we booted up the heating, it has never managed to regulate itself very well. It is an Ideal Independent C30 boiler, connected to a wired Drayton RTS1 thermostat. The boiler itself seems to work well, I don't get any fault codes on the display, and it comes on and turns off at the allotted times. But what it doesn't seem to do is answer calls from the thermostat.

I have done some minor troubleshooting, the short list is below.

- switched it on and off again (I was shocked when this didn't fix it!)
- listened to the thermostat - it clicks when you move the temp up, and when you move it down again.
- taken the thermostat off the wall, looked to see that the wires were connected (which they were).

I have ordered a replacement thermostat from Screwfix to check if this is the problem, but if that doesn't solve the problem, I will need to hire a professional. Before I do though, I wondered if anyone had any advice that may some me some money.

Many thanks.

Tim Blackmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
S
The usual arrangement is for the thermostat to...
Replies
Views
Back