Ideal logic boiler phume | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal logic boiler phume in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

A

Adam C

I have an ideal logic combi code 33 which seems to be producing large phume compared to neighbours with same boiler. I had the boiler serviced recently and engineer said all is well and boiler is burning well. He did adjust the exhaust as the pipe was falling slightly away from boiler. He said see how that goes and let him know. It hasn't resolved the issue, any advice? The boiler ch temp dial is set to e. Phume is quite bad on burner start up and it does calm down but still.seems excessive compared to neighbours. Could it be a radiotor balancing problem? The system doesn't appear to be loosing water so a bit stuck... Boiler is 10 years old but ideally I don't want to replace without good reason. It has had a new pcb fitted with correct bcc chip 33kw and main exchange replaced a few years ago. Not sure if relevant but the pressure gauge does flicker a little and sounds a bit rattly?

Any help much appreciated..

Firstly it’s called a plume, not phume, but that’s by the by. It could be yours is set to a lower temperature than your neighbours’ boiler. If it’s not causing any issues, then, why the concern?

Could just be you run yours more than your neighbours. If it's burning fine, and everything else is OK then there's nothing to worry about?

If anything more plume points to a correctly balanced system as it's condensing more.

Similar plumbing topics

Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
with claims like that and that price. tell you...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Well a week today since boiler played up 5...
Replies
Views
Set to constant use eph combipack 4...
Replies
Views
Back