Ideal logic+ condemned for mixed flue? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal logic+ condemned for mixed flue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

A

Aire

Been called to an ideal logic+ 30c that has been condemned. Standard horizontal flue which goes to a plume kit to extend it past the soffit.

Last year I serviced this boiler and this year someone else has been in and condemned it saying it's a mixed flue?

I haven't spoke to the engineer who condemned it but the customer said he had spoke to ideal and they said it should all be plastic.

I don't fit many ideals but the last one I fit was metal outer and plastic inner and that was only about 6 months ago so I'm not entirely sure what going on.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

I would phone ideal and ask them plus get it in writing eg emailed to you

Elbow and plume kit is ideal. 2 years ago our previous engineer changed the flue because it was an ideal flue that was extended with a baxi flue to take it beyond the soffit. Obviously this was wrong so it was changed to the current flue using a new ideal horizontal flue and soffit kit.
Apparently the engineer who condemned it today said it didn't look right, spoke to ideal who confirmed it should all be plastic and advised him to turn it off and replace.

Spoke to ideal and theyve confirmed the flue is fine and that they don't offer an all plastic flue. So no idea what the previous engineer was talking about.

Maybe so, not sure why he wouldn't like the look of it though as it is just a standard flue with one of these attached to the end of it.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ideal-soffit-kit-60-100mm/9066x

Maybe so, not sure why he wouldn't like the look of it though as it is just a standard flue with one of these attached to the end of it.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ideal-soffit-kit-60-100mm/9066x

Maybe he thought it was push fit waste pipe ?

Maybe trying to poach work by claiming the previous engineers were incompetent. Either that or he's just incompetent himself.

Bet he has never seen one. That’ll be my guess mate.
Quite possible, although the engineers argument was that the flue was metal, not the plastic plume kit. Anyway the customer has been informed their boiler was wrongly condemned and they are getting the engineer back to turn their boiler back on.

Similar plumbing topics

I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
Done it myself. My analyser went mad at me...
Replies
Views
im going for another cracked hx.
Replies
Views
Couple of tubes of clear mastic and some...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Back