Ideal Mini C24 lack of burner ignition | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Mini C24 lack of burner ignition in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JYP666

Hi, looking for a bit of advice on a repair.
My ignition PCB is faulty. Ignition relay isn't getting any power so boiler fails to ignite. I have removed and tested the relays which power at 16v externally, the boiler gives 1 relay 29.5v, the other around 0.6v. Any thoughts on how to repair? I have all the correct tools for PCB work, I just can't seem to narrow down the fault to one component.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
/J Y P

Sorry but you need to get a gas engineer to come out and look at your boiler

Sorry but you need to get a gas engineer to come out and look at your boiler

I'm aware of that, only the costs aren't really justifiable. All the engineer will do is turn up, look, say "Scrap it", charge me a bomb n leave and I just don't have the cash for that hence why I'm trying to repair.

You are not allowed to fix your boiler yourself you must be GAS SAFE, That boiler is a common boiler i know the fault all ready Place an ad in the wanted section looking for a gas engineer and place where you stay, someone on here will repair your boiler and not rip you off.

Steven

You are not allowed to fix your boiler yourself you must be GAS SAFE, That boiler is a common boiler i know the fault all ready Place an ad in the wanted section looking for a gas engineer and place where you stay, someone on here will repair your boiler and not rip you off.

Steven

You must be gas safe to work on others boilers and to charge. To work on your own you must be competent. The only problem is there's no definition of competent. Plus, I'm only working on the ignition PCB. The rest of the boiler is, more or less, functional.
/JYP

working on the pcb which controls the boiler, What happens if you over gas the boiler or under gas the boiler you dont have the correct tools to make sure the boiler burning correctly, i am not have a go at yourself, but you could be putting yourself and you family at risk for a few quid,

No one on this forum will provide you with gas advice on how to repair your boiler

Thanks

working on the pcb which controls the boiler, What happens if you over gas the boiler or under gas the boiler you dont have the correct tools to make sure the boiler burning correctly, i am not have a go at yourself, but you could be putting yourself and you family at risk for a few quid,

No one on this forum will provide you with gas advice on how to repair your boiler

Thanks

While I see your point I can't see how I'll over/under gas the boiler as I'm not adjusting anything to do with the gas line, just the ignition process. As for over gassing the fan is running at full RPM, I'd expect that to take care of any excess gas, should there be any. If the solution involves going near the gas line, including the valve, then I'll leave it be. If it's definitely an issue on the PCB then I'd love to know the solution. Well, I'd like to know either way, just so I know. Knowledge is king.

/JYP

as already mentioned this forum will not condone any diy work on boilers or indeed any gas appliances.
as already stated put a request here [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL] stating your problem and general location and there may be someone from the forum who can come out to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Morco feb 24ed3 has a f1 fault code. The...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the feedback.
Replies
Views
Back