Ideal Mini HE C24 won't ingnite - Brrrrr! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Mini HE C24 won't ingnite - Brrrrr! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

The outer case has to be removed to fit clever thermostat systems and these are designed to be a DIY job, just 2 wires and you are done. Would be overkill to pay in an expert ;o)

Why should I not put it in to
The outer case has to be removed to fit clever thermostat systems and these are designed to be a DIY job, just 2 wires and you are done. Would be overkill to pay in an expert ;o)

Why should I not put it in to service mode?
hope your new controller was installed volt free

They are claiming the gas valve is too expensive and that with labour costs it is not viable. A manager should be calling me back.

Would anybody here know what a valve costs and how long to fit one?

(I did see what I think is the right valve online for £150ish)

Thank you.
Is it British Gas?

Approx £170 for the part and around £100 for the labour so around £270 all in. Of course different companies may add a call out charge and have different rates, location dependant. But it still should be well within your £500 limit. Insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying up. I would fight this one if I were you.

So, they refused to fix it and I got it done privately for £140 for labour and an old valve the engineer had in his garage. I kept complaining to the insurer and eventually they refunded me. Got there in the end. Thanks for help!

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
im going for another cracked hx.
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months...
Replies
Views
U
Hi all. Our Ideal Isar combi boiler wasn't...
Replies
Views
urbanrich
U
Back