Ideal Mini c24 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Mini c24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Having a bit of a head scratcher with this one hot water is fine no issues however have a very intermittent heating issue.
Its awkward as when i arrived rads were hot boiler was working , cooled everything off and tried again boiler fired up 20 seconds shut down done this several times. Then tried to click in maybe fourth time and nothing happened boiler went through motions to fire up and nothing .

Owner said she came down this morning and boiler tried to fire but nothing . So seems to be a very intermittent issue had a thermister which i put on and still same issue so touch stumped.

check that the minimum and maximum gas pressures are correct - then check that flow diaphragm is good , they can be clogged up with the black stuff or ruptured , I've also had one where pump capacitor was gone .

check that the minimum and maximum gas pressures are correct - then check that flow diaphragm is good , they can be clogged up with the black stuff or ruptured , I've also had one where pump capacitor was gone .

Is it a case of take flow diaphragm apart

Having a bit of a head scratcher with this one hot water is fine no issues however have a very intermittent heating issue.
Its awkward as when i arrived rads were hot boiler was working , cooled everything off and tried again boiler fired up 20 seconds shut down done this several times. Then tried to click in maybe fourth time and nothing happened boiler went through motions to fire up and nothing .

Owner said she came down this morning and boiler tried to fire but nothing . So seems to be a very intermittent issue had a thermister which i put on and still same issue so touch stumped.

Is the room stat OK!?

Remove switch then 4 screws holding brass cover on , wiggle it loose very gently or get a very thin blade in from the side . Use a plastic tool to slowly , very slowly , remove diaphragm remembering which way it goes and clean or replace if holed . Unscrew feed nipple on right and clean . Reassemble .

If they're pinholed you get intermittent starting from the pin not driving the microswitch far enough ,it should extend about 15mm

Take off Pcb cover to reveal the the other two , you can get the sequence codes from the manual. It's fairly basic but will point you in the right direction . If yours has two pcb's check that the ignition board has 220v when it's in fault mode , if it has then ignition board is the one at fault if other checks are ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
im going for another cracked hx.
Replies
Views
Hi It's a combi boiler so yes. Unless there...
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
Thank you for the feedback.
Replies
Views
Back