Ideal rep | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal rep in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Met the new rep round here today and what joy that was typified everything wrong with ideal.

Asked him why they are not honouring warranties and what a can of anger that opened!

Basically called me a liar blamed all warranty call backs on installation issues listed a huge list of reasons why they won't honour warranties. Refused to talk to me he got all sulky , i put him on phone to one of my customers and the rep hung up on him lol.

It just proves that they are looking for excuses not to repair and the list they use is clearly way to long .

Their warranty is not worth the paper its printed on.

To be fair the com rep I've spoken to has been good

But still ongoing atm will find out tomorrow as there coming out :D

I had the new Ideal rep in my area call me up about a week ago saying he wanted to take me out to dinner haha. Not got back to me with a date yet though, the *******

gotta disagree with you on all points to be fair.

maybe its your rep or area. i get loads of support, loads a freebies and just cashed a whopping £1500.00 cheque from all the boilers i fitted for the last 6 months which is good for my jollies in a fortnight.

aye the haters will hate but i truly dont have and have never had an issue with ideal honouring a warranty.

and to quote an example i fitted a boiler and as i was pushed for time i didnt do a full flush my fault i meant to go back and finish off. but got waylaid and never got done as shizzle happens sometimes.

10 months later pump went . ideal engineer attended noticed the water was dirty. he changed the pump and phoned me up as my number was on the benchmark and advised me it wasnt absolutely filthy but need a flush through.

looks like its luck of the draw.

i personally think the service your receiving is down to the amount you fit. if you dont fit that many. i dont think rep will give a stuff about you.

it's not right but then thats human nature

maybe its your rep or area. i get loads of support, loads a freebies and just cashed a whopping £1500.00 cheque from all the boilers i fitted for the last 6 months which is good for my jollies in a fortnight.

aye the haters will hate but i truly dont have and have never had an issue with ideal honouring a warranty.

and to quote an example i fitted a boiler and as i was pushed for time i didnt do a full flush my fault i meant to go back and finish off. but got waylaid and never got done as shizzle happens sometimes.

10 months later pump went . ideal engineer attended noticed the water was dirty. he changed the pump and phoned me up as my number was on the benchmark and advised me it wasnt absolutely filthy but need a flush through.

i personally think the service your receiving is down to the amount you fit. if you dont fit that many. i dont think rep will give a stuff about you.

Think you have nailed it but

It shouldn't be down to how many you fit as you've said

But I think it should be down to install stnd but don't see a way how they could do that

So why is everyone down here moaning about them ??

One point of his argument was installation issue being that flues stick to far out the wall on many installs , fair point but i replied how does that break a flow turbine on a boiler 2 days old??

He contradicted himself on numerous issues and he should not been as defensive or argumentative either way.

You compare them to worcester and it is not even on the same planet l .

One point of his argument was installation issue being that flues stick to far out the wall on many installs , fair point but i replied how does that break a flow turbine on a boiler 2 days old??

He contradicted himself on numerous issues and he should not been as defensive or argumentative either way.

Its a shame as I really like Ideal boilers, Never had a warranty refused but have called them out twice and it took a few days for them to attend.
This sort of thing makes you wary of them, backup under warranty key.

Logic is my go to boiler, Im abit worried now from your comments, are you guys talking about Logics or Independent?

One of of my mates picked up a gas leak on a logic from burner area, phoned ideal for a parts list of possible seals to order and replace and they told him that's normal and nothing to worry about! Absolutely Shocking!

Im talking about the logics.

Its only this winter i have started receiving calls from owners where they have had issues and they have not been good at all .
One was a faulty heat exchanger ideal swerved warranty as it had not been fitted quick enough from factory to owners house lol.

Reminding me of the isar/icos issues

So what midrange boiler do you guys fit? with same size as logic (so no duotec)

i dont live down there so cant comment.

Imo if the white is sticking out then it hasnt been fitted mi's so technically they can say no. I hate white sticking so i may be biased

Any manufacturer who offers a long warranty/ gurantee is going to want their pound of flesh. Even worcester aint gonna cover stuff thats not been fitted to manufacturers mi's and baxi are absolutely terrible for it for round here. And that statment is from experience.

Sure ideal ideals have their problems same as every other boiler out there.

It is what it is. Im still gonna fit em haters will hate. I hate worcesters like baxi but hate there support.

Lifes a lottery

WGAF

To be fair I have slated Worcesters however they just turn up repair leave .

Same as always pay more get a better service

What do you boys think of Alpha, after reading hammers problems with my choice Ideal I bumped into the Alpha rep who obviously told me how great the product is, so just wondering what you boys thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

F
Good advice given
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back