illegal work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss illegal work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

G

gaspastemania

Received a biz card through the letterbox this morning usual rubbish general builder can do all etc ,on the list is also gas safe qualified but no gsr reg number or logo on card .Curiosity got better of me so nosed on gsr website and builder has no mention .
Now he may be using a qualified engineer but do gas safe allow you to use them as advertisement or do they take a dim view of builders doing this?
Curious about this as starting to see this more and more around where i live.

Almost every trade put gas safe sign on their cards and vans. Bricklayers, joiners, plasterers....you name it! I think gas safe not bother about advertisement , main thing is who does the job!

Always amuses me when you see written on the side of a van 'general builder,'

If a general builder does general building what does a builder do?

Another one is 'odd job man' then a list of stuff he thinks he can do!

There is someone local to me who advertises as

''boilers, cookers, breakdowns and repairs''

Then underneath it says

''Gardening work undertaken''

I mean for ------- sake!

before i registered my own company i was registered with a company i sub for. i asked gas safe if i could put their logo on my van which had my company name on it, they said NO you cant advertise gas safe unless your company is registered or your van is sign written with the company you sub to, simple as,

Another one is 'odd job man' then a list of stuff he thinks he can do!

There is someone local to me who advertises as

''boilers, cookers, breakdowns and repairs''

Then underneath it says

''Gardening work undertaken''

I mean for ------- sake!

maybe he does gardening in the summer when gas work is quite ?

I was told that a general builder is a digger driver with no work on!!

Also round here theres a van which start handy man, runs though to plumbing, window cleaning, gardening and fencing, it's a high top transit and the sign writing starts above the driver door and covers the entire side of the van!!

I was told that a general builder is a digger driver with no work on!!

Also round here theres a van which start handy man, runs though to plumbing, window cleaning, gardening and fencing, it's a high top transit and the sign writing starts above the driver door and covers the entire side of the van!!

bet that looks proffesional

General Builder should manage bigger projects where few different trade man are required.
If Client has a house extension to be build up, it is easier for them to arange one Buildet. to ogranise all off works, than to deal with trades man one by one.

so you are suggesting a 'main contractor'? still if they dont do gas safe they shouldnt say they do, maybe the flier could say provide gsr? i suppose its in the details

I have just set up my own business, i was told by gas safe that unless my business was registered with them, i could not use the gas safe logo even when using a sub contractor to carry out all gas works

as for the gardening thing, Im a plumber by trade but my business carries out all kinds of jobs form gas work to kitchen fitting, to fixing leaking roofs, down to putting curtain rails up. I would do gardening to if i didnt have hayfever lol

I cant think of anything worse than say doing bathrooms all day, everday. As long as there is money to be earned I will throw my hand to anything i can but will make sure i do a good job. The variety of the different jobs available make going to work more interesting and challaging

The specs that are supplied for main contractors state must use gas safe operative for proposed schedule of works.
There is a difference between being a dippy builder to a main contractor.
The biz card has list of can do's and it states 'also gas safe qualified'

presume to be illegal??

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
Not a lot, I worked on the gas conversions...
Replies
Views
Storm in a tea cup. You wont get anywhere, as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Back