I'm a DIY homeowner repacing an outside toilet pan to a salt glazed spigot in concrete | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I'm a DIY homeowner repacing an outside toilet pan to a salt glazed spigot in concrete in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I'm a DIY homeowner repacing an outside toilet pan to a salt glazed spigot in a concrete floor. My guess is to cut through the mortar surrounding the spigot and continue cutting through the spigot. What are the pitfalls and tips to assure a clean cut through the spigot. Further will a plastic pan connector properly fit the ID of salt glazed pipe after the spigot is removed, and what is the penetration depth of the glazed enamel pan connector into the spigot. My concern is having a connector offcut remaining within if a portion of the spigot remains flush at the concrete floor level.

Regards, emellish
Toilet.JPG

The spigot of existing pan finishers slightly above finished floor.
I would get rid of existing pan then take a angle grinder with a diamond blade and cut off the drain at finished floor level. Should then be able to get a new pan connector to fit int drain.
Don't forget P P E when taking out pan and cutting drain

Cheers for that advice. I plan to quarry tile over the concrete floor which will recess the pan connector.
My main concern is will the connectors seal, which is designed to fit the metric ID of plastic pipe, be able to seal properly to the ID of an old salt glazed pipe.

Back