immersion heater not turning on | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss immersion heater not turning on in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Are you a private or council tenant?

Your landlord is legally obliged to provide you with heating and hot water at all times. Get onto him asap otherwise tell them (in writing) that you'll call out an emergency electrician and bill him.

"Unless you have caused damage through maltreatment then it is the legal obligation of the landlord to ensure the property has heating and hot water at all times. The lack of these utilities is considered a hazard, especially in the cold seasons and if no alternative source is provided by the landlord."

Otherwise, they are breaching the tenancy agreement on two fronts – keeping the property in repair AND free from hazards.

My mother gave her tenants a week off the rent when the boiler stopped working for four days. This was suggested by the letting agent despite the fact that the tenants said they had their own electric radiators out of heating season and there was an immersion heater backup to the boiler. Personally I think it was over-generous in the circumstances as they were not left in the cold, but in your circumstances, I think it is the least your landlord could do.

ok Thank you
A plumber is the better option as you have already discovered, Electricians don't like water so won't change an imersion, the electrics is the easy side.
The way I tell if an immersion heater is working is by looking at the electric meter, turn it on and most meters have either a spinning disc or flashing light which will either spin faster or flash faster. It could be something simple like a faulty thermostat

A plumber is the better option as you have already discovered, Electricians don't like water so won't change an imersion, the electrics is the easy side.
The way I tell if an immersion heater is working is by looking at the electric meter, turn it on and most meters have either a spinning disc or flashing light which will either spin faster or flash faster. It could be something simple like a faulty thermostat

that’s a bit of a bodge if you ask me. cheap burnt out fused spurs or isolation switches are very common

Similar plumbing topics

E
Is it an unvented cylinder? Sounds like issue...
Replies
Views
C
Newly bought home has somewhat older plumbing...
Replies
Views
combedcloud22
C
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just a thought but did you check the fuse box...
Replies
Views
so if you already have and use E7 then it...
Replies
Views
Back