Implications with having two gas supplies in one building | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Implications with having two gas supplies in one building in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
But were they occupied as one premises?
Yes they are.
There is even one with two meters side by side. One serving a boiler, the other a kitchen. (Nursing home).
Weird set up I admit! But it’s there.

Yes they are.
There is even one with two meters side by side. One serving a boiler, the other a kitchen. (Nursing home).
Weird set up I admit! But it’s there.
Sorry. Misread your previous post. There can be multiple meters but only one supply into one premises.

Sorry. Misread your previous post. There can be multiple meters but only one supply into one premises.
Can't remember whether that one did but I know of others that have two separate service pipes. Normally large buildings such as a mill.
One I am working on at the moment has two services and two meters. One to supply two 240 Kw Boilers that I installed and one to supply another Small Boiler in another part of the mill. Not on the same floor though. Both services are on same side of Building.

Can't remember whether that one did but I know of others that have two separate service pipes. Normally large buildings such as a mill.
One I am working on at the moment has two services and two meters. One to supply two 240 Kw Boilers that I installed and one to supply another Small Boiler in another part of the mill. Not on the same floor though. Both services are on same side of Building.

Well, I obviously am not going to dispute your experience, but I guarantee that my earlier statement was true in Leicester, 3 years ago.

Well, I obviously am not going to dispute your experience, but I guarantee that my earlier statement was true in Leicester, 3 years ago.

I'm not saying you're wrong either. I believe you. 100%.

In this Mill there are no labels mentioning the existence of another service or meter on either of them so if there was a smell of Gas, who would know about the other Meter or ECV? There are over 100 people who use this mill. They should be labelled in my opinion, or not allowed.
I have worked at this Mill for 7 or 8 years and only found out that there was another meter late last year.
The owner rang and asked me to alter the pipe work because The Meter had been changed and the installer of it told him that it should not have a flex on the outlet side.
I knew the Meter was piped rigid in 2 1/2" steel. On arriving, he took me to the other meter, the one I new nothing about.

Surely Nat Grid have records of both Meters? Maybe not. I would not be surprised if they didn't.
I don't know of any regulation that states there should be no second service into a building but that does not mean there isn't!

I am just going off the Buildings I have been in during my working life and what I have come across. I have never looked it up.
I need to dig deeper now!

Pressure is off, client has accepted U65. He looses a car parking space but otherwise all good. Existing U16 set up will be de-commisioned, which was my preferred option anyway. The existing U16 was too small for all loads on at the same time, pressure was way too high and it was one of those installations where your immediate reaction was jesus who let this one through the net.......lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Gottit! Thanks Chris.
Replies
Views
As others have said a U16 meter is needed some...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
    • Funny
I have exactly the same problem! Is there a...
Replies
Views
Mrloaf
M
Back