Incident at work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Incident at work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

R

Rickster123

Had a fairly major incident at work today. One of the installers fell from a roof. He'd decided that he didnt need his roof ladder as the pitch wasn't too bad. A tile slipped and he went with it. Took out a lean-to below which broke his fall before hitting the concrete floor. Broken leg, arm, serious cuts to his head and face. But extremely lucky considering the alternative.
I went to the site this afternoon. Poor old tenant is in shock. Looked like a hell of a lot of blood to me. Made me feel sick all day.

Use your ladders wisely chaps.

most contracts i work now will no allow you to use a ladder. Ladders are more an access tool in most health and safety peoples eyes. Nothing wrong with em if used and used correcty.

sounds like he was a lucky chap, i bet he wont do it again.

Sounds horrible! Very lucky to be alive! I will sometimes walk up a roof if pitch is shallow... But shall think twice now!

I suppose Heath & safety will have to be informed etc...

If he's an employee he'll have been through toolbox talks and working at heights training. Basically if he has and has an accident through his own negligence it could leave without sick pay and probably disciplinary measures.

We've all been there cutting corners though.

Thank you - this type of report keeps all aware centralheatking I hope your man will be ok
Had a fairly major incident at work today. One of the installers fell from a roof. He'd decided that he didnt need his roof ladder as the pitch wasn't too bad. A tile slipped and he went with it. Took out a lean-to below which broke his fall before hitting the concrete floor. Broken leg, arm, serious cuts to his head and face. But extremely lucky considering the alternative.
I went to the site this afternoon. Poor old tenant is in shock. Looked like a hell of a lot of blood to me. Made me feel sick all day.

Use your ladders wisely chaps.

If he's an employee he'll have been through toolbox talks and working at heights training. Basically if he has and has an accident through his own negligence it could leave without sick pay and probably disciplinary measures.

We've all been there cutting corners though.

There was a toolbox talk on working at heights a week ago. Ladders had been checked. Assistance was offered but he didnt want it. What a cack day.

He's going to cop it, isn't he!

No I think he's copped enough already. Poor sods a right mess. He's one of the best and quickest on the firm. They're going to pay him sick pay depending on how long he is off. You should see the paperwork involved in an accident at work tho!

It's been reported already mate. Think that's why they are paying sick pay. Damage limitation! Meeting in the morning to tell every fitter if they are seen not using ladders and ppe they will be sacked instantly. A tad late for that in my opinion.

It's been reported already mate. Think that's why they are paying sick pay. Damage limitation! Meeting in the morning to tell every fitter if they are seen not using ladders and ppe they will be sacked instantly. A tad late for that in my opinion.

Your turning into a manager aren't you.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
The sad fact is that unless he has some...
Replies
Views
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
P
excellent puddle nearly mirrored my day,just...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
D
well what I was put my ID down to was these...
Replies
Views
Mbear
M
Back