Incident at work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Incident at work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

No I think he's copped enough already. Poor sods a right mess. He's one of the best and quickest on the firm. They're going to pay him sick pay depending on how long he is off. You should see the paperwork involved in an accident at work tho!

I kind of agree with you that he's copped enough, BUT we are wrong, he will get disciplined for breaking the company H&S policy, this will come in a directive from your insurers lawyers and will halt a potential claim from him or his family,
A company I worked for sued an electricians widow for the cost of the in estimation into his death, done at the demand of insurance company lawyer, to ensure any claim for her was negated as it turned out to be his fault he died, as he didn't use test equipment to confirm a supply was off and he died as a result of non compliance, the company had no intention of suing her ( the total bill for the investigation, down time during site investigation, and subsequent refresher toolbox talks was put at approx £50k) but the insurance company demanded it and they didn't pay out a penny to his estate, the exact same thing happened when a roofer fell from a roof and was impaled on a fence and died, they actually disciplined his work colleague for falsifying time sheets as they had split up to do two repairs at the same time rather than double up

It's been reported already mate. Think that's why they are paying sick pay. Damage limitation! Meeting in the morning to tell every fitter if they are seen not using ladders and ppe they will be sacked instantly. A tad late for that in my opinion.

I disagree that it's a tad late, why should they have down time reminding everyone to comply with the regs that keep them safe

That's not heartless. Because at the end of te day if he hasn't signed then it might be your job on the line

See my post on this thread about the two deaths, the FIRST thing that is looked for when someone is injured is that the relevant toolbox talk has been signed, once it's been confirmed that he has signed, and company liability is very much reduced someone then asks " oh I forgot to ask earlier, how is he?"

See my post on this thread about the two deaths, the FIRST thing that is looked for when someone is injured is that the relevant toolbox talk has been signed, once it's been confirmed that he has signed, and company liability is very much reduced someone then asks " oh I forgot to ask earlier, how is he?"
that is sadly very true. It has certainly made people more safety conscience already. New ladders have been ordered. Ppe kit has been checked and rechecked. Up until now the guys have been asked if they have all the ppe needed and its not been checked particularly religiously. All vertical flue jobs will now be a two man job.

Eye bolts and ratchet straps and a base mate. Normally most hazardous but is getting on and off ladders. The eye bolt has a rubber sleeve and u drill a 10mm hole, fix it and ratchet ladders to wall at 45d. Makes them very stable . Does ur company issue Ppe without charge to all direct employees as and when requested? Are Subbies supplied Ppe or prevented from working? What Ppe do u offer when soldering?

Eye bolts and ratchet straps and a base mate. Normally most hazardous but is getting on and off ladders. The eye bolt has a rubber sleeve and u drill a 10mm hole, fix it and ratchet ladders to wall at 45d. Makes them very stable . Does ur company issue Ppe without charge to all direct employees as and when requested? Are Subbies supplied Ppe or prevented from working? What Ppe do u offer when soldering?

Employed guys and subbys are provided with ppe. Goggles, face masks, ear defenders, overalls, hard hat, steel toe caps, fire extinguishers, etc. They all use company ladders.

I had a incident at work:

Replaced a leaking 28mm return tee on primary return, bled the coil (original installer put a drain off) cut tee out and replaced. Told apprentice to stay and keep an eye out. Got to 0.5bar pressure, woman crying that water was ***in through her ceiling, apprentice bombing down shouting my name. Ran upstairs to cylinder, idiot left the drain off open hahahaha!

Apprentice said he heard bubbling then hoying out water, and just ran for me than putting a hand over or shotting any towels/clothes at it

O we had fun ;)

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
The sad fact is that unless he has some...
Replies
Views
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
P
excellent puddle nearly mirrored my day,just...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
D
well what I was put my ID down to was these...
Replies
Views
Mbear
M
Back