Ineedanexpert.co.uk - check it out - | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Whl4852
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 131

Discuss Ineedanexpert.co.uk - check it out - in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whl4852

Ok guys, as the title suggests. I signed up with this marketing company, completely free of charge. It took me ten minutes or so to sign up, and was very simple.

I've tried a few different things lately, nothing ventured and nothing gained. I have nothing to lose by doing this, just thought it would be a good idea if everybody signed up. You have to send them all your Plumbing/Gas certificates and copies of your Public Liability Insurance.

The guy that phoned me back, Adam, was very welcoming and encouraging, even though they are in the early stages at the moment.

ive wasted so much money on useless advertising, this looks very promising.

let me know what you all think?

will

Absolutely nothing, have a look, to be honest I was a bit sceptical, so I contacted a few companies on there, only a few have had work, but it's still early stages, they promise to never charge, they are just going to charge big companies to advertise on there site

Looks good. Hopefully more will follow this route. See they have B&Q advertising already.

I have recently being Cloned/identity theft fraud ect.

I have had 15 new mobile phone contracts, 4 x credit cards, numerous computers on lease hire through Pc World and more to come ?????????

New current accounts now using my home address but different names and the banks will not speak to me as I have a different name !!!

I would be sceptical about giving out too much detail to companies I know nothing about.

I have had 15 new mobile phone contracts, 4 x credit cards, numerous computers on lease hire through Pc World and more to come ?????????

New current accounts now using my home address but different names and the banks will not speak to me as I have a different name !!!

I would be sceptical about giving out too much detail to companies I know nothing about.

thats bad bad news, but to be honest the only info I have given them is stuff that is freely available if anyone was to do a company or electoral search on me.

im not affiliated with this company, just thought it all looked a bit too good to be true, so I asked to speak to them. The guy didn't pressure me at all. In fact it was entirely my choice, they seem to be the only ones out there who aren't trying to charge around £700, like Check-a-trade do, rated people etc.

sign up and see for yourself. They only ask for your address, and copies of certificates, and they won't display them to customers.

thanks

Sorry to hear about this Kev.

I was the target of a similar attempt recently. It got nipped in the bud before it got as far as yours, but I did find out something very useful.

The credit reference agencies offer a service whereby you can password protect your credit file.

Imagine Mr Cloner gets your details and uses them to apply for a store card or mobile contract. The first thing the retailer does, in perfectly good faith, is run a credit check. The credit reference agency (who respond to millions of such legitimate requests every day) responds positively, so the scammer can proceed to the next step in his nefarious plan.

Not if he uses my name. The credit reference agency will respond to the retailer by asking for the password. Since the scammer won't know it, the story stops there.

It does delay the process if I want legitimate credit, but to be honest, I have had the same credit card for 30 yrs, and never use store cards etc, so in a year, I think I have had to give the password once.

Worth thinking about, and a very useful protection.

Sorry to hear about this Kev.

I was the target of a similar attempt recently. It got nipped in the bud before it got as far as yours, but I did find out something very useful.

The credit reference agencies offer a service whereby you can password protect your credit file.

Imagine Mr Cloner gets your details and uses them to apply for a store card or mobile contract. The first thing the retailer does, in perfectly good faith, is run a credit check. The credit reference agency (who respond to millions of such legitimate requests every day) responds positively, so the scammer can proceed to the next step in his nefarious plan.

Not if he uses my name. The credit reference agency will respond to the retailer by asking for the password. Since the scammer won't know it, the story stops there.

It does delay the process if I want legitimate credit, but to be honest, I have had the same credit card for 30 yrs, and never use store cards etc, so in a year, I think I have had to give the password once.

Worth thinking about, and a very useful protection.

well ill I didn't know that, that's very interesting. I had £550 removed from my account, apparently used to buy flowers in Afganistan of place, Natwest eventually refunded. Was a right battle!

Been following their progress on Facebook & Twitter.

They do seem genuine & hopefully they make it a success for the people that have joined up & not just a waste of time.

Haven't signed up with them myself just yet as I've got quite a good workload on now so don't want to take on too many new customers until mid January.

Been following their progress on Facebook & Twitter.

They do seem genuine & hopefully they make it a success for the people that have joined up & not just a waste of time.

Haven't signed up with them myself just yet as I've got quite a good workload on now so don't want to take on too many new customers until mid January.

You can give the feedback cards out to your custards now, so they can submit them to Ineedanexpert.co.uk and review you. Doesn't matter that the job didn't come through Ineedanexpert. That's what I like about it, I'm just using it to build a portfolio! The only thing is you can submit references from previous work you have done in the past

well ill I didn't know that, that's very interesting. I had £550 removed from my account, apparently used to buy flowers in Afganistan of place, Natwest eventually refunded. Was a right battle!

I'm not sure it would have protected you against that, which sounds like a slightly different scam.

What happened to me was that I suddenly started getting mail order catalogues from a range of different retailer. Some one tipped me off that this is part of the scam process - they open the accounts withouyt buying anything, but later will change the delivery address and then start ordering. It also "validates" their data set - they know that they have a live, creditworthy identity.

I spoke to the fraud prevention departments of one of the retailers, and it was them that told me about protecting the credit file. I think it cost me £2.50 - although that might have been to see my own credit file. That was a weird experience - they still had records of HP purchases I had made 20 years ago, and had long since forgotten.

You can give the feedback cards out to your custards now, so they can submit them to Ineedanexpert.co.uk and review you. Doesn't matter that the job didn't come through Ineedanexpert. That's what I like about it, I'm just using it to build a portfolio! The only thing is you can submit references from previous work you have done in the past

Yes, I thought that the feedback cards were a good idea. References of previous work completed where the customer is happy is good advertising!

Ray,

I have had the Lock down done on me !! Cifas I think the name is.

If I ever want credit hey must contact me by my mobile no or home no and answer loads of questions.

It has affected my home address as well, scummers have used the home address which gives them even more time to defraud, it just shows how insecure our banks/finance houses are to give credit so easily.

For anyone interested you can check your credit file for free on Noddle.co.uk

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

I'm not sure it would have protected you against that, which sounds like a slightly different scam.

What happened to me was that I suddenly started getting mail order catalogues from a range of different retailer. Some one tipped me off that this is part of the scam process - they open the accounts withouyt buying anything, but later will change the delivery address and then start ordering. It also "validates" their data set - they know that they have a live, creditworthy identity.

I spoke to the fraud prevention departments of one of the retailers, and it was them that told me about protecting the credit file. I think it cost me £2.50 - although that might have been to see my own credit file. That was a weird experience - they still had records of HP purchases I had made 20 years ago, and had long since forgotten.

Also i checked my credit report and it showed a tv on hp, all payments made and no defaults. I haven't signed up to that, contacted them and they said they had no more details other than the original finance agreement. So I requested it, instead of my signature, it was just hand written 'WILLIAM LONGLEY' but it was spelt wrong. Very strange, still there now.

Ray,

I have had the Lock down done on me !! Cifas I think the name is.

If I ever want credit hey must contact me by my mobile no or home no and answer loads of questions.

It has affected my home address as well, scummers have used the home address which gives them even more time to defraud, it just shows how insecure our banks/finance houses are to give credit so easily.

For anyone interested you can check your credit file for free on Noddle.co.uk

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

your not hijacking the thread Kev, everything is on here for our benefit, everybody has to help each other out, hate scammers

someone got into my account tears back and emptied my account, Dear old barclays said I had used my card to make the withdrawal in oxford st, but I was able to contradict them as I was at sea with the RN at the time 200 miles off hongkong and the Mrs was sitting in our flat in hong Kong. Took a letter from my CO to back me up and all the money went back in to my account, personally I thing the bank screwed up some button pushing but they always blame us first!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
M
They probably won't take it on. Most of them...
Replies
Views
R
You cant please everyone sometimes you win...
Replies
Views
julesverne
J
S
I think the op gets the hint now. Thread...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back