'Initial check' for boiler insurance | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss 'Initial check' for boiler insurance in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't waste your money. When it breaks down they will claim un economic to repair. So u will have been paying £25 PCM for.... A sticker on your boiler. Save the money and pay a real engineer to fix it.

One customer had a policy. His boiler broke down. This is what they quoted to replace like for
b1b2928006f050d016bc12a59ce52d6e.jpg

Fitted very same boiler with 8 years parts and labour for a lowly £2670

I'll bear that in mind, thank you.

This is what'l probably happen if they do take it on.

You'll pay every month until it breaks down, maybe in a year or two.

Chances are that most of the parts are obsolete, so when they come to fix it, they'll say they can't get parts any more so can't fix it. Which means you've just paid all them payments for nothing.

I'd save the money yourself and get someone to look at it, if it does go down, or replace.

£9000 is definitely on the high side, maybe you should get some more quotes.

They probably won't take it on. Most of them have an age limit. Even if they do it will be on a limited scale ie they won't cover certain bits.

Without knowing what's been quoted for and looking at the job it is hard to say if £9000 is expensive or not. How big is your house?

As has been said get another few quotes in then you will get an idea. Post up on the I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer section and someone on here might be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
If you're dealing with a vulnerable person...
Replies
Views
That was my worry, i will carry out the test...
Replies
Views
Physically next to the pump, 22mm pipe goes up...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Back