Installing new central heating pipework, 10 rad system. | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Installing new central heating pipework, 10 rad system. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG just re-read your post, 2 days!! If your pipes are all straight want to subby for me?? I will just kick back and let you get on and charge 5 or 6 days worth of labour. Am I the slowest plumber in the world??

you must be mate ...... last year working for HA I have fitted between 5 to 6 boilers per week , and none of my work was fitted from the drive way :) if you know what i mean all pipe straight and all soldered joint cleaned

you must fit them in the loft for when you commission your system , watch pipework in loft not to create your self a air locks ,also pipe sizing too very important as you will have 10 drops , and you only going to have a 15/60

Weird. I will chuck them in. Genuinly never had a problem with airlocks even on loft pipework when commissioning any high pressure heating system. The air is all pushed into the rads on filling up. Maybe I have just been lucky though, I can see one day me coming stuck not fitting them so I will take your advice for sure.

8 days for a man and boy seems a bit of a stretch having not seen the job it's hard to say though personally I'd be around 3.6 with materials for
just me like I say off the top of my head without seeing it. Plus I'm guessing there is an existing system in so you will be getting the scrap from it.

Nah, they are scrapping everything.

OMG just re-read your post, 2 days!! If your pipes are all straight want to subby for me?? I will just kick back and let you get on and charge 5 or 6 days worth of labour. Am I the slowest plumber in the world??

I will come and work for you pal no problem , £200 cash +b&b

Yah, it most likely is a bit of a stretch at 8 days if I'm being honest. It's a fixed price for the labour though. Do you guys factor in your time spent quoting and designing the system into your labour costs though?

yep its about a £500 labour change over here for back boiler here

why i dont bother with domestic now rates are pants

H/A only for domestics at least home by twelve or so

you must be mate ...... last year working for HA I have fitted between 5 to 6 boilers per week , and none of my work was fitted from the drive way :) if you know what i mean all pipe straight and all soldered joint cleaned

I can definitely buy a boiler a day, I've seen that done with my own eyes but can you really do a 10 rad system pipework in 2 days??

Yah, it most likely is a bit of a stretch at 8 days if I'm being honest. It's a fixed price for the labour though. Do you guys factor in your time spent quoting and designing the system into your labour costs though?

No i dont just make it up as i go along with domestics dont even bother looking at them any more

Seems a bit in the steep side, but iff you can get it fair play. We should all be on that sort of money. Eight days is a little long to, me and my old dad would walk it in four days.

yep its about a £500 labour change over here for back boiler here

why i dont bother with domestic now rates are pants

H/A only for domestics at least home by twelve or so
that is cheap ? i was paid about £360 by the HA for same work + meterage for pipe work and other extras ......
I would not change a back boiler to new location for less then 1k honestly

LOL definitely not believing that one. Now you are just trying to wind me up!

That was directed at hammer btw not you SGI :)

If you were willing to do that at £200 day rate I would get no end of work for you up here SGI!

Yep half day on a bungalow use to work as part of a team doing heat packs 10 plus a week would take us half day to do a bungalow or a flat ,
that was ten year ago tho prob slip a disk now !!!

I have helped other plumbers and I am willing to help even Adam , who promise to take me fishing but never did ......:( :( :(

pls re read post 41

Yah I did - I was joking with you :) Just saying that if you installed these systems for £400 you would never be out of work ever.

Yah I did - I was joking with you :) Just saying that if you installed these systems for £400 you would never be out of work ever.
when I said piping i did mean running all pipe in loft and clip them and do all drops ,

I am a foreigner but I dont work for nothing like the other immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
That's a fair better idea or costly mistakes...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
Back