insurance company say bath panel is not included for replacement bath | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss insurance company say bath panel is not included for replacement bath in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

C

ChrisJ

Hello,
I'm wondering if you can help me.
I have an insurance company who is trying to get me to make my plumber re-quote for work to replace a broken bath. He's included a bath panel with the quote as it's the type of bath that requires a panel (and the original style is not available so can't re-use the old panel). The insurance company have now come back saying that the bath panel is not covered as it is incidental and not part of the bath and that he has to re-quote excluding the bath panel.
My plumber is reluctant to do so as he says the bath panel is an intregral part of the bath and fitting it without would not be advisable, and could be unsafe.
I was wondering if you know where I could get any official guidance I can send to the insurance company saying that bath panels are an integral part of fitting a bath and should not be counted as a completely separate item?
I tried the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering and they said it’s not in their remit.
Thanks Chris

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If it is cracked/broken a local car body...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Can we suggest as has been mentioned. Bin the...
Replies
Views
R
....to tell you the truth I feel quite scared...
Replies
Views
RGN007
R
S
I can hardly see it now.....ruff:coffee:
Replies
Views
T
Back