intergas combi compact making a row | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss intergas combi compact making a row in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Bit vague, but fault code E5 so I'm told to do with the flue? Would have thought if there was a flue issue the boiler wouldn't work. Going to look tomorrow.
Anyone got any experience with intergas?

more likely the gas valve setting is too low, needs to be 9.1 +/- .5%, min setting 8.6%, but they dont like running this low really. Only adjust gas valve with boiler running at min rate, then check at max rate for correct set up. follow the manual instructions for how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
more likely the gas valve setting is too low, needs to be 9.1 +/- .5%, min setting 8.6%, but they dont like running this low really. Only adjust gas valve with boiler running at min rate, then check at max rate for correct set up. follow the manual instructions for how to do it.

Just downloaded the manual.
So do you have to adjust the gas valves on the intergas boilers when commissioning? Usually all pre-set on Worcesters/vaillants/baxis/ideals. Think this boiler has been in 18 months but installed by a newbie although it had been registered.

all boilers are preset but dependent on factors such as gas supply rate etc etc some adjustment is normally required to set them up to run at their best, or am I the one of the few that bothers to do this?

all boilers are preset but dependent on factors such as gas supply rate etc etc some adjustment is normally required to set them up to run at their best, or am I the one of the few that bothers to do this?

One of the few I'd say in my experiece :(

Well now we have the co test on commission then we should all be doing it...

so another reason to avoid that make :)

So do intergas!
What could be the consequences of a poorly (outside of the min/max MI's) set up gas valve when adjusting the co2 air/gas?
Would the co ppm rocket? Boiler severely bang on ignition?

Last edited:
Why would the co2 need to be adjusted anyway? Once it has been set up by the manufacturer and they say no adhustment is needed what could cause those origional parameters to change?

So do intergas!
What could be the consequences of a poorly (outside of the min/max MI's) set up gas valve when adjusting the co2 air/gas?
Would the co ppm rocket? Boiler severely bang on ignition?

lovely whoompah noises on low Co2 settings prior to it cutting out altogether if it is that bad, same as any boiler really

Heard plenty of those noises today and ppm went off the scale. Flue analyser then said warning unstable cells! Just curious how the original parameters changed.
Not sure if analyser cells are knackered as not been used in a while or the flue gas inbalance saturated the cellss?

It was only .2 over the stated maximum and ppm about 50. On low the ppm shot up then went blank!

you will probably find someone ahead of you tried adjusting the parameters whilst running the boiler on max rate, a big no no as all adjustments need to be made running it on low rate, then check the high rate settings.

Has anyone had an issue with setting co2 air/gas mix on the gas valve and causing an imbalance in the cells so that you can't finish the set up or even know what its set to because the analyser shows a warning message and the co ratio goes off the scale? Testo analyser.

Obviously if the mix isn't right, you would get incomplete combustion which will soot the burner etc so without looking in my unsafe sit guide wouldn't this be ID? (With the ppm off the scale when checking on low, but within limits for co2 and ppm of 50 ish on high)

Fitted an inter gas today won't be bothering again

Only had a quick look inside but access to pump was poor. Did you fit any flue extensions with the flue clamps that come with it? The one that i looked at was clipped with flue clamps that were way too big, didnt even touch the flue so can't understand if they came with the flue or if they were off something else. If they were off another flue where were the clamps that came with the extensions??

Also does the flue come with any screws to secure to the boiler turret/ joints? The flue I saw had nothing where it fitted to the boiler but the joints were wrapped in silver tape.

The blow off was terminated over a plastic tundish teed into the condense which was 1 1/2" solvent waste into the rainwater downpipe. Needs taking outside really.

The flue turret pushes in, twist and locked in place, not seen any self tappers for the rest of the flue. The pump head is easy to change the grommets in the casing line up with Allen key

The flue turret pushes in, twist and locked in place, not seen any self tappers for the rest of the flue. The pump head is easy to change the grommets in the casing line up with Allen key

The flue elbow for the horizontal flue could just be pulled out on this one. It pushed down onto the boiler up to the rim so was fully Inserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
Check the emergency control valve is fully...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
All received Arthur. Many thanks for putting...
Replies
Views
Like I said, really can't comment on the Blue...
Replies
Views
Back