INTERGAS HRE 28/24 Combi | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss INTERGAS HRE 28/24 Combi in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

To those such as myself who don’t fit Intergas then yes. I’d be contacting Intergas by email and ask for confirmation in writing. It’s likely you will end up with bits you don’t need in a fitting pack but that happens so often.

To those such as myself who don’t fit Intergas then yes. I’d be contacting Intergas by email and ask for confirmation in writing. It’s likely you will end up with bits you don’t need in a fitting pack but that happens so often.

Indeed, you could be right. As you might remember I asked Intergas on the phone but the reply was vague.And, yes, he said if you bought the jig you throw away the expansion vessel and all the pipework and fittings. (he actually said you could try and sell them:().

I asked Arthur coz he said he'd fitted 20 or 30 Intergas - so I was figuring he would know.

You’d be amazed how few vented Versions are fitted these days. I would get it on writing from Intergas because then you have some comeback. I am assuming you are sourcing your own boiler?

You’d be amazed how few vented Versions are fitted these days. I would get it on writing from Intergas because then you have some comeback. I am assuming you are sourcing your own boiler?

Yes, I'm beginning to see that now. It just happens I don't want a Combi and even a System Boiler is just that bit beyond what I'm comfortable with (call me old fashioned).

Re. sourcing - I was hoping to get my Gas Safe mate (an Ideal enthusiast) to do the half day course at Barnstaple and use me as his guinea pig. And I would imagine he would be happier getting the boiler himself (he uses Wolseley / Plumcenter IIRC).

Plan B might be just to contact one of the registered Intergas fitters - but the nearest one isn't all that local.

Thanks for time and trouble.

No bother. Why Intergas specifically? There are many manufacturers that offer much better after sales support and parts are more readily available

Mainly as it's a 23 year old system and the heat exchanger is said to be more bombproof than those on others. ( narrow waterways that are apparently prone to blockage etc.)

The Ideal Logic MAX is an obvious alternative but half the respondents here say they are unhappy with the leaking sumps and pin holed HEXs. Plus, can I trust them to genuinely uphold their 10 yr warranty if they're unwilling to acknowledge issues that others keep telling them about?

Other than that I suppose it's Vaillant or even WB but my mate isn't approved with either (he's Ideal and Baxi registered) and the warranty is therefore reduced considerably.

Where does your own favour lay?

Last edited:
I have converted much older systems to pressure with no dramas. Has anyone looked your system over for potential weakness? Most installers will insist on a proper flush which is a fairly robust flow exercise which can also highlight system weakness. You may be being paranoid unnecessarily. Also it’s not hard to be able to offer Vaillant extended warranties. I wouldn’t touch wb. I like Glow-worm at the mo and all you need as an installer with them is to register with club energy

Stan,
200 CaCO3 mg/l is about 14degrees on the actual Clark scale but there is always a conversion to CaCO3 mg/l hence the 'above 200'.

Unless you need to pressurise the system you will not need the rear frame - not sure they show it for that model in their blurb, I think they show a stand alone vessel & valves.
The offset flue kit allows for a boiler replacement with a conventional center flue hole, & also avoids the flow & return pipe. You can use a straight out flue but you will struggle with the pipe tails & have to shorten one of them, also part of the joint would be in the wall & you would need to do some artistic finishing with plaster to keep it in view. The offset removes all that drama.
Regards

Arthur.

Ta. How would my mate get access to Vaillant's additional warranty? Presumably do the course?
Ideally, if it wasn't Intergas? I'd have rear flue ( makes installation a bit easier on space grounds) hence the Logic is OK - BUT a neighbour has just had a Vaillant Ecofit Pure (with a rear flue option ) fitted.
It's cheaper than an Ecotec (which doesn't have the rear flue option) and only has 2 yr warranty as standard so I would really want to get their uprated warranty with a Ecofit Pure.

Point taken re. my concern about presurised system.

Further thanks.
'

Last edited:
Stan,
200 CaCO3 mg/l is about 14degrees on the actual Clark scale but there is always a conversion to CaCO3 mg/l hence the 'above 200'.

Unless you need to pressurise the system you will not need the rear frame - not sure they show it for that model in their blurb, I think they show a stand alone vessel & valves.
The offset flue kit allows for a boiler replacement with a conventional center flue hole, & also avoids the flow & return pipe. You can use a straight out flue but you will struggle with the pipe tails & have to shorten one of them, also part of the joint would be in the wall & you would need to do some artistic finishing with plaster to keep it in view. The offset removes all that drama.
Regards

Arthur.
All received Arthur. Many thanks for putting both points into context for me. You've cleared up the offset flue conundrum nicely.

Similar plumbing topics

hi guys, customer has a intergas combi but...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
C
And if you read the forum rules you'll find...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back