iqe boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss iqe boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
had a text from a cust they ve got an ariston combi which is pants so they have bought an iqe combi my initial thought was (ha ha)im not telling my initial thought, has anyone any experience of these boilers I,ve never fitted one s maybe here ok

It's a cheap and cheerful boiler. 500 quid or less. If it's fit only and it goes lemon 6 months later it's not your problem.

I suspect they won't thank you in a couple of years time. I've not heard great things about thrm

Not lost on me Ray just thought the people must be thick or have a warped sense of humour.

it was the irony that got me he knows hes got a load of old jollop on the wall now, but he sounded completely sold on the idea of a cheap deal quality is a seven letter word and its worse than a four letter word
no cure for stupid

Explain it's not your boiler of choice, fit it, get paid, then in a few yrs it'll be de ja vu time

Rebadged Sime, he would be better off with another Ariston than that steaming heap o chardonay. Why not suggest he upgrades to a heat line or a biasi. There both solid lumps of turd too.

A few years ago I went to a meeting at Screwfix about installing IQE under the ECO/free boiler scheme that was going at the time. I recognised the boiler immediately as being a piece-of-crap Sime.
So she did all this spiel about it being a super-boiler developed by the greatest minds in boiler technology. When it got to question time, I asked quite simply 'Is the boiler a rebadged Sime'. She outright said it wasn't. So I got a picture up on my phone of a Sime which was completely identical to the big picture (internal and external) of this 'new' IQE boiler. She still denied it all the while making me out to be some kind of satan-infused troublemaker.

I was so ****ed off I walked out immediately and thanked her for the bacon sarnie. pig.

I had in my mind hes a bit of a plank and I wondered if he had also bought a flue as well, he sent me a text with the model and im quite sure that's a system boiler (see first post)but I do have a sense of humour
and im not afraid to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you add up all the R values you can then...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
Hope with your case you reported it to trading...
Replies
Views
C
That's good to know - thank you
Replies
Views
Cabe F
C
Back