IQE Boilers From B&Q 10 year warranty | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss IQE Boilers From B&Q 10 year warranty in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ray - I was informed from a senior source at major multi national that

Screwfix operate an opposite marketing policy - ' Where the trade Buys' is their
mantra - but over 60% of their sales is to every tom dick and croppie who has been drawn
in by the adverts CHK

that
If ever B&Q work out how the trade market operates, then they could be dangerous. Trouble is, they are retailers at heart, and retail and trade don't mix well. They require different stock, different premises, different processes and different types of staff.

They tried with TradePoint format which was the closest they ever got, but it still felt like a B&Q.

The more Screwfix open tradecounters, the more they acquire the same overhead base that traditional merchants have, which negates their core advantage.

You're right though. Interesting times.

It seems its all going this way nowadays, my 'trade price' is often more then I can get down screwfix anyway.... Plus boilers are the same price if not cheaper online... No such thing as trade price anymore it seems!

I just up the labour rate

Had a quote from my merchant just the other day for a Baxi duo-tec, good price including flue, a couple of days later the Plumbfix book drops on the mat, and included is a leaflet with the same boiler for about £80 more but also include fernox F3, F1 and TF1 so possible an even better deal!!
but you do have to pay for it there and then!!

i see b and q are now fixed price boiler repairs starting from £70

little man getting squeezed everywhere now

i see b and q are now fixed price boiler repairs starting from £70

little man getting squeezed everywhere now

As with anything these of firms do its "from £70", not to mention the terms & conditions that apply...

A quick glance, and the prices soon escalate, with the term 'beyond economic repair' soon appearing!! I can't help but think they will use this low entry repair as a foot in the door to sell there iqe boiler to people!!! These engineers will be on commission no doubt, and before you know it perfectly working boilers will be in the scrap heap cuz the fan failed & was beyond echoing repair...

i agree but this is a throw away socitey part of mr feels its wrong to todo this sort of stuff but the other side thinks why not it creats jobs and keeps us inwork unfotunatley work some times a monkey could do

i always think thatargos was the fore runner of all the various companies springing up every where screwfix tools station tooled up etc
everything in a catalogue and served by min wage staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I did fit a Viessmann 200-w a few months back...
Replies
Views
Baxi are solid.
Replies
Views
Money always speaks,I really cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I beg to differ on that. The exhaust is the...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Back