Is it possible to 'repair' a Hep2O (Wavin) UFH flow control? | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is it possible to 'repair' a Hep2O (Wavin) UFH flow control? in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

After balancing the flows, one of these blighters has started to drip very slowly from under the red cap. It feels loose to turn, so I suspect the seal around the spindle is to blame. It won't be 'worn' as such, as they don't get fiddled with for years, but this tiny adjustment was seemingly enough to set it off :-(

There's another two controllers which are very stiff to turn, so I'm not sure they even open up the desired amount when set - I'd like to get to them to lube them or slacken the gland nuts. So, is there a way to access the spindle underneath the head, and - if so - will they be tweakable, like a normal gland nut on, say, a radiator valve. Ie, is there an adjustable nut there?

Thanks.
PXL_20221206_150102804.jpg

That I am afraid I don't know. It does look a bit retro, so may be a few years old and I understand your reluctance to try seeing if it just pulls off. If you can work out the brand, you may be lucky and find drawings or similar online that may help lead to an educated guess. Sorry I cannot be of much more help.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, a very interesting proposal, I asked that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Many years ago a builder installed my...
Replies
Views
Well had the blending/mixing valve replaced...
Replies
Views
yes , the meter for the immersion heater. Not...
Replies
Views
Back