Ufh problems temp control and radiators temp | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ufh problems temp control and radiators temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

The blending valve should have a range of around 35 - 65 ° so if you can't regulate the temp down then there may be an installation issue or a fault with the blending valve. Ask your contractor to contact the manufacturer of the underfloor heating to get a rep out to check the system over.

The blending valve should have a range of around 35 - 65 ° so if you can't regulate the temp down then there may be an installation issue or a fault with the blending valve. Ask your contractor to contact the manufacturer of the underfloor heating to get a rep out to check the system over.
Thanks Craig finally someone gets my problem lol

problem one is we have to slowly build up the heat as the new floor is tiled but the only way to do this is by turning the boiler heating controls down as low as it goes, 30 degrees, if we have it set to 60 the temp on the flow is 45 degrees which is the maximum we can run at.
I am still at a loss what are you saying that the mixing valve is not capable of controlling the water temp in the U/F circuits as 45-50dec C when the boiler thermostat is set to provide 70 degC ?
It is the surface temp of the tiles finish which is more important than the mean water temp, as from your posted you can see the water temp can be higher although I personally would limit it to 60. Who selected the rads ? what delta T was used ? ie. what is the design system operating mean water temperature?

I am still at a loss what are you saying that the mixing valve is not capable of controlling the water temp in the U/F circuits as 45-50dec C when the boiler thermostat is set to provide 70 degC ?
It is the surface temp of the tiles finish which is more important than the mean water temp, as from your posted you can see the water temp can be higher although I personally would limit it to 60. Who selected the rads ? what delta T was used ? ie. what is the design system operating mean water temperature?
Chris you are asking questions that im not sure I can answer, I’m by no means an expert on ufh but my tiles cost an awful lot so I know not to thermal shock them, I can’t find another way of explaining the issue other than what I have already posted, tiled screeded floor maximum temp is 45 degrees at manifold, when ufh is switched on you must progress to this temp gradually, I can’t do this without setting my boiler to minimum which in turn knocks out my radiators, the blending valve should allow me to do this but I can’t?

Blending valves and the associated thermometers attached are never accurate, I know this from lots of testing with calibrated equipment. They can be far out as much as 10 degrees. Get somebody decent in to check things over.

Blending valves and the associated thermometers attached are never accurate, I know this from lots of testing with calibrated equipment. They can be far out as much as 10 degrees. Get somebody decent in to check things over.
Thank you for another angle on this bogrodder, I have purchased a temperature sensor gun to test the temperature gauges and tile temperature so will get a better idea once it arrives

ok so my heat sensor arrived and it seems pretty accurate, the gauges on the manifold are reading true and with 30 degrees on the flow side I’m getting a tile surface temperature of between 21 and 22 degrees.
My boiler is set to minimum so radiators don’t work and the blending valve is set fully to minimum so it’s not possible to run my radiators at this point?

cant you turn the boiler temp up and turn the flow rate down to lower the temperature to each circuit
I’m not sure on how well that would work but thanks for the idea, we have managed to get the UFH guy back and he has agreed it looks like the blending/ mixing valve that’s at fault, I’ll update when the new valve is fitted!

Similar plumbing topics

As part of deep house renovation, planning to...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Set the ufh mixer to 30-40 / what the design...
Replies
Views
Yes - the recommendation above is accurate for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I recently had the Vaillant weather comp...
Replies
Views
Back