Is my charge reasonable? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is my charge reasonable? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Four visits - one visit to diagnose problem as pressure switch or maybe fan, second visit to fit new pressure switch (fix failed within 2 days), third visit , fan declared fine now possible PCB error, 4th fitted replacement PCB

Charge time 10 hours at £45 per hour - is this reasonable ? Parts were extra.

Four visits - one visit to diagnose problem as pressure switch or maybe fan, second visit to fit new pressure switch (fix failed within 2 days), third visit , fan declared fine now possible PCB error, 4th fitted replacement PCB

Edit- due to repeat information :p:p:p

well the usual questions ...where do you live ? £45 per hour is really not enough...central london £125.00 plus vat per hour,

its really the wrong price per hour ....not enough to get a competant engineer in my opinion..others might correct me...Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Probably fair from the engineer's point of view, but depends whether the fault was one that was truly hard to diagnose or whether part of the tab is essentially a training cost. 'Was this a difficult repair or was he just a bit slow to pinpoint the cause?' may be the question.

Sometimes I find I'm taking longer than I expected because a job is hard (chargeable), and sometimes I find I'm taking longer because I've tackled the job arse-about-face (not chargeable).

2 vists is normally enough a manufacturers service repair is only £300 - £400 labour and as many parts as it takes excluding the heat exchanger, you really should have recommended this to your customer . Kop

It’s a difficult one.

Sometimes it only takes an hour for an experienced engineer to diagnose. May take another engineer 3-4 (plus some parts) to get to the bottom of it.

Cheap, doesn’t always work out cheap.

It’s a difficult one.

Sometimes it only takes an hour for an experienced engineer to diagnose. May take another engineer 3-4 (plus some parts) to get to the bottom of it.

Cheap, doesn’t always work out cheap.
Some ,'engineers' just throw new parts at boilers until it works again....proper people as you say dignose fault find and fix ...bg are prime at this because what they dont use just goes back...normal outfits cannot do this ..I know
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Heating repaired. Was the central heating zone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
Back