Is there a gas engineer full tool bundle I can buy? | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is there a gas engineer full tool bundle I can buy? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I'm about to start a gas engineering course and I'm trying to buy all the tools beforehand. Does anyone else know if there's a full tool kit available from anywhere?

Buy what you need as you find you need it. Everyone works differently and has different techniques. Maybe pass your course first. Do you have a plumbing background??

As above, because there are too many variables.

Domestic, Commercial, Install, Maintenance or all of them?

Are you employed currently in the gas /plumbing field?

Your prospective / current employer may provide some tools depending on where you work.

No I don't have any experience at all, my current job is unstable and I am unskilled so I am starting the course in April. I was looking for tools while I have a half decent income to buy them . The plan is to find work but have a back up plan with tools and van incase it takes time to find work .

I am not being negative mate but rather concerned for you and your money. It's not a job that you can pick up and do with no experience. I would strongly advise against

It takes years to be half decent at this trade that's after an a 4 year apprenticeship also you need to work along side someone who knows what there doing you can't just throw a few grand to a trading centre and walk out a gas engineer most times it's a con to get your money .but good luck to you just be careful

You can have my van and it's contents for

More to the point how much does he expect to earn to cover his outlay ? Why do people think that they can do a few weeks in a class room and walk out a fully experienced gas engineer, does he know what he needs to do just to join gas safe ? I've been in this job since the early 70s and still learning, Your 20K seems a fair price, maybe he will take up your offer !

That's assuming a. You pass, and b. That they don't mess you around to get through the foundation modules. What is your hope at the end of the course?

I would have the qualifications for domestic work but I think my stumbling g block would be experience , the least amount of experience I've came across for a job is a year. That's why I want tools for at least a bit of back up to try and get some work till I get full time somewhere.

A year is still pushing it mate. Plus most companies want plumbing experience which you won't have. Doing ACS will not teach you about central heating set ups or design. You will not learn pipe skills or working with different materials such as black iron. You won't learn the chemical associations of metals and how they can and can't go together. Once again I'm not being negative but you'd be better off getting plumbing skills and then maybe doing gas once you've built experience

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I bougut a testo new for around £650 and sold...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back