Is there a gas engineer full tool bundle I can buy? | Plumbing Tools | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is there a gas engineer full tool bundle I can buy? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I'm about to start a gas engineering course and I'm trying to buy all the tools beforehand. Does anyone else know if there's a full tool kit available from anywhere?

I would have the qualifications for domestic work but I think my stumbling g block would be experience , the least amount of experience I've came across for a job is a year. That's why I want tools for at least a bit of back up to try and get some work till I get full time somewhere.

Hi Abgash, this is where some people come a cropper. They cant get the practical hands-on experience, so they cannot build a portfolio of evidence and so cannot get registered. Documented hands on experience is necessary to get yourself registered and most people struggle to get that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Abgash, this is where some people come a cropper. They cant get the practical hands

This is what he cant seem to grasp , he seems to be under the impression that by doing this course he will be able to work on gas ! someone seems to be misleading him into doing this course, he has no experience in the plumbing trade, not sure what he is doing for a job at the moment ? But is convinced he will be qualified to work on domestic gas after this 7mth course ! someone needs to have a serious talk with him B4 he throws his money down the pan.

Unfortunately the forum is awash with such people, come on here asking for advice then don't hear what they expect or want to hear. Fair enough, he's only asking about tools but has been given some serious food for thought regarding qualified versus experienced. I was lucky enough to go down the apprenticeship route including 7 years of college and learned more from the blokes I was working with than the plums trying to teach me at college. Anyway, advice given and best of luck to the O.P.

Without any knowledge of how systems work you are going to struggle doing this job ! what do you intend doing when you have finished this course ? and doing this course still wont let you work on gas, you will still need to do the ACS courses then get accepted on the Gas Safe register.

ACS assessment comes at the end of the course. I'm hoping to do boiler and cooker work.

Unfortunately the forum is awash with such people, come on here asking for advice then don't hear what they expect or want to hear. Fair enough, he's only asking about tools but has been given some serious food for thought regarding qualified versus experienced. I was lucky enough to go down the apprenticeship route including 7 years of college and learned more from the blokes I was working with than the plums trying to teach me at college. Anyway, advice given and best of luck to the O.P.

I never asked advice, as you said I asked about tools.

will put is like this

THERE ISNT AN ALL IN ONE TOOL KIT,
THAT WILL WORK FOR ALL YOUR JOBS,
100% OF THE TIME FOR SALE IN A NICE TOOL ROLL

I hope the OP keeps us updated on a regular basis has to how he is progressing through his course, maybe every couple of weeks, could be useful for other people thinking about taking this route, Not sure what the requirements are now for joining Gas Safe, but would they deem a 7mth course as enough experience to work on gas ?? question for you younger guys to answer ! what is acceptable to Gas Safe ?

I hope the OP keeps us updated on a regular basis has to how he is progressing through his course, maybe every couple of weeks, could be useful for other people thinking about taking this route, Not sure what the requirements are now for joining Gas Safe, but would they deem a 7mth course as enough experience to work on gas ?? question for you younger guys to answer ! what is acceptable to Gas Safe ?

even worse 6-7 weeks mate you can get longer ones but there the bare min

as long as your money clears they dont care (gas safe)

6 Weeks ! takes longer to train a dog to sit, No change from when it was Corgi then as long as you have the money your qualified ! Talk about a P--s Take.

yep know an ex fireman who did it doesnt know poo but got a card :D

The experienced were newly qualified once.... Is it even possible to get a gas apprenticeship now? Im sure I couldn`t.

Course it is. It's not easy but no one should be gifted anything hence a recruitment process. Paying for these short courses means there is no selection so no competencies are tested prior to the course

Course it is. It's not easy but no one should be gifted anything hence a recruitment process. Paying for these short courses means there is no selection so no competencies are tested prior to the course

I told them I was incompetent before I started, but they were ok with that and set up a monthly DD. :) And my course took about 5-6 months.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I bougut a testo new for around £650 and sold...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back