Is there a way of finding out if you have a block forming in the toilet pipe? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is there a way of finding out if you have a block forming in the toilet pipe? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay
What could be causing this issue of tissues being left behind etc?

Is the load too much for the pipes to go at once do you reckon, or something more serious?
Possibly an insufficient volume of water. Does your toilet have a dual flush - little button and a big one?

could this be someone flushing sanitary products or other non flushable items causing occasional partial blockage. Could also be your diet like just having either a particularly heavy/floaty load.

Possibly an insufficient volume of water. Does your toilet have a dual flush - little button and a big one?
How could I go about adding more water.
Adding more to the tank ontop?

And nope it isn't a dual flush. Just a normal one

could this be someone flushing sanitary products or other non flushable items causing occasional partial blockage. Could also be your diet like just having either a particularly heavy/floaty load.
This may be true. What kind of think could I do to get rid of a occasional partial blockage?

Ha Oh i wish i didn't bring the waste into this now. Sometimes we could just put alot of paper in the bowl and not all of it would get flushed. So not 100% waste issue If you see what I mean

Maybe the toilet doesn't conform to Annex F of BS EN 997 - also known as 'The British Standard Turd' test?

From everything you've told us so far it doesn't sound like you have a blockage. If on the very odd occasion everything doesn't disappear with the first flush but does with a second flush then it's fine. 95% success rate isn't bad in my opinion.

Last edited:
hahaha if thats what you like watching people taking a no 2. What ever floats your boat :sailor:!!!
Ha ha, with this thread appearing so soon after the one with the dodgy video link I thought it could be the same person with a duplicate account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
B
Sometimes you have to think outside the box...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
Back