Is this boiler right for me'? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is this boiler right for me'? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all first post looking for a bit of advice.

I have a recently bought a 24 year old 4 bedroomed detached with1 bathroom in the (border town of Berweck) it has 14 radiators,and a heat only full system,but it was running off a 24k for the last 12 years I was told, and its now not working, the house feels as though its poortly insulated, I have been online to do a bit research on the boiler I need, the research you can do by useing the (what boiler I need tool) as used with Heatable, Eon, and British gas, but the tool does not take in the condition of the insualtion,and windows /doors, so basicly on all 3 companys the tool hovers around the 24Kw to 30Kw range.

I got British Gas out to look at the set up I have and got a price for the work, they said the best boiler for my house would be the Worcester Greenstar Ri 24 Kw, I was suprised when he said the lower end of Kw range would you guys agree with this.

Any views on this

Thanks

So non of these companies did a heat loss report to calculate what the heat loss was might be best to start there at a pinch you can work out the load eg add up the outputs of the radiators you have

Wouldn’t trust bg they stuck a 30kw in where a 19kw was needed the house load was 17.4kw

Similar plumbing topics

If this is your model, some of your questions...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back