Is this modern bathroom sink fitting a cowboy job? | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is this modern bathroom sink fitting a cowboy job? in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
we did one was told by customer basin was going tobe on a pedestal brought pipes out of floor and when it arrived it was semi ped

should have individual isolators to boot. If your system is run off a combi, you should also have double check valves fitted due to your mixer tap...

Here is what I think you was looking for
518352c1-3f90-eb53.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320434929.484732.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320434929.484732.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 59
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320435062.696836.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1320435062.696836.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
I think its down to lack of communication between plumber and customer. Im always asking for customer to come and look at this, look at that, Are you happy with that their, etc. Nothing worse that not asking then customer saying don't like that their. Agreed feeds should have been higher though, if it was solely down to installer to make decision.

I found another one
5ac59168-b649-98a3.jpg

If the sink is not level, trap is skewed and the tails showing with no isolators on then yes I would be concerned. I got a DIY one of these and the sink started to drop as there was no support behind the tiles!

There's a pub near us which had a cheap job done on the loos. They clad the walls with that corrugated plastic panelling stuff then screwed the basin to the cladding. Bounces up and down if you lean on it. Sometime soon the whole thing's going to come off.

This is how they pipe them up in european hotels, wierd tap like isolators, is your installer Latvian/polish?.

Instead of getting your knickers in a twist worrying and not sleeping, which is very very bad for you, talk to the installer, dont be funny with him all guns blazing etc, just be polite and matter of fact with him, your going to need a few new tiles, go to work at 8am, come back at 5pm job done. Chin up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Or there’s no clip and overtime it’s dropped
Replies
Views
I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
Another great option. Thanks very much. I’ll...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Soil comes into the building at 45. I was...
Replies
Views
Back