Is this price right? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Is this price right? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I was saying was I could do it for less then that and I know for a fact I could, even if I contract the tiling, plastering etc, I don't usually give a price but as said before I am a small business,and dont pay vat,etc So will charge less then the company that quoted.

Of course you can charge less, everyone can, "Never mind the quality, feel the width"

I am a small business, in fact a few small businesses, first thing I did was register for VAT, I was never the cheapest yet I have customers who after more than 30 years still use my services today.

Quality always sells itself.

As said - if in doubt get 2 more quotes.
I have read the description and the price sounds very reasonable.
2 days - no way!
£2000 - not if it is done by professional skilled tradesman, perhaps by some odd job man who also claims benefits!
BTW we do that kind of work every week - in Kent.

Personally, I think that was uncalled for. It's not like he's attacked you.

And honestly, why would you want to quote for someone who's speculating the price they've been given on a forum?

People will pay what they want to pay, based on their perception of what you can offer them. It's not all about price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Necks should all be wound back in as quickly as possible. Jase, word of advice. Please don't.

Doctor Croppie says go have a beer, relax and breath.

Closing this thread before bans, infractions and slapped thighs are issued.

I've discussed this thread with REDSAW, it ended up as a jelly wrestling bout. Neither of us won but the upshot is I'm reopening the thread.

Any more cheap shots at each other will will result in infractions. If you have an issue with another members post please either resolve it via pm or report it to us to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's at least 5 days to do that properly and anyone than one person on a bathroom install is unproductive due to the lack of room this sounds like a higher price than usual but my rates are higher than usual but I don't get any complaints or call backs. So depends on the plumbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you have the spare funds go ahead as it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The situation is as follows. I have a shower...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Much easier than that is to replace your bath...
Replies
Views
Your choice really mate the steam will affect...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It was just a thought. I had the experience of...
Replies
Views
Back