Isolating valves and drain points | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Isolating valves and drain points in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Pretty much as soon as you're in the door you make the assessment- lack of drain offs / isos and also an over use of flexi - pan and tap connectors and you just know it probably was probably never installed with due care. Same when you go to do a drainage job and there's insufficient rodding eyes and access...
I say 50% laziness and 50% greed - as much in the cost of materials as the time cost of installation o_O. My ethos - make it easy for the next guy - hopefully it'll be me (fortunately it usually is)

It’s nice to be able to stand back and be proud of the work you’ve done. Admitting it’s not always easy when 10 different people could have worked on over the years.

I’m not sure the Part P route has really improved the quality of electrical work in the U.K. so not convinced outlawing DIY plumbing would make much difference either.

unfortuately Wras has no legal remit in law ..its a code that I am happy to work with but others do not...centralheatking

Is it? I know if you are working to it you are considered to be working within the law. The uk’s 26 water companies are subscribed to it. The water undertaker is the one who enforces the water regs. Like you say others do not abide by it, more fool them and the people who employ them, what I do know is that the water undertaker can prosecute the homeowner also for non-compliance :confused:

Sorry, but the only thing I see about “should” is, it should be fitted with an inlet valve capable of shutting off the flow at a set level, eg a float operated valve (ballcock/ballvalve for the old school generation ;)).

Sorry, page 2 of the same document from WRAS. I completely agree the gov.uk site is the authoritative but I’d saved this guide when looking at this in the past.

I fit valves everywhere I think one could be of use but so far I’ve not been doing this for profit.

00E294A1-BC6A-4771-BE45-3CFDAEEB12E7.jpeg

Ah I see it clearly now, and see how you would think that is correct,as you say,a reputable source? what they could also mean is that service valves are needed, but adjacent to the valve? Or am I giving them the benefit of the doubt? :oops:

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks a lot, put lots more turns on + some...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why is it outside? It will freeze and the...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Back