Joining cast iron soil pipe | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Joining cast iron soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is the offending pipe, from why your are all saying it was asbestos. The whole stack has been changed now.

63u9dz.jpg

Not really. I know it sounds bad but I’ve dealt with asbestos one too many times unfortunately.

Not really. I know it sounds bad but I’ve dealt with asbestos one too many times unfortunately.
The problem is the rest of the loft that has been covered by all the damaged fibres. That are then kicked around every time someone opens the loft hatch.

The problem is the rest of the loft that has been covered by all the damaged fibres. That are then kicked around every time someone opens the loft hatch.

No worse than insulation tho that will be the next one to cop us

The soil didnt go in the loft, it was straight out a flat roof.

I know it wasn’t the best but by the time I had realised I had already cut half way through it.

I feel like I have to say that you should get an asbestos team in to clean it all up.
I agree.
I know it's not as dangerous as the brown or blue but it still can kill if it wants to. It's the men women and children who unwittingly breath it in that bothers me. Not to mention the wife and kids who you go home to with it on your clothes.
They have no choice in it.

Very scary stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Turn your phone 45 degrees!!! The picture is...
Replies
Views
B
I wouldn't bother even trying. Water jetters...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
https://www.monsterplumb.co.uk/floplast-110mm-x...
Replies
Views
Back