Joule unvented? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Joule unvented? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having problems with typing post .....can the moderator help please?

Would like views on quality of unvented Joule cylinders v Mega flow

Thanks

Megaflow over priced . The main ones exactly the same for less cash .

Worcester or three other letters of quality ACV.

However contact ray as he has some very good deals on boilers and unvented cylinders.

Yeh typed oso but ray got that deal on. Also her g3 boyo be trade!

Never even heard of them. That might be one reason.

RM cylinders are a good budget option.

However contact ray as he has some very good deals on boilers and unvented cylinders.

Thanks for the plug. However, as Killy Bing says...

Betty boo isnt trade so ray isnt an option.
Correct - thanks Killy

Also her g3 boyo be trade!

Yep, we would be perfectly happy quoting the G3 qualified installer, but directly, not via the client. And definitely not on the open forum.

Going back to the OP's question...

I am not familiar with the Joule unit so can't comment on it technically. However, whilst it's cheap, it isn't eye-wateringly "there's gotta be something wrong with that" cheap.

Megaflo are very expensive because they are the premium brand in the market. I think they have over-cooked that premium, hence there have been some very big cash-back deals in recent months.

Fitted a couple of joules, they are middle of the road price and quality wise. Money no object I would be looking at ACV myself.

A customer asked me about Joule cylinders several months ago, so I called them trying to find out some information about their Thermal Stores, as they were suspiciously cheap!
They were not particularly helpful, but promised to email me some technical details of the cylinder, and also send the price to my local supplier.
They did send a quote through to my supplier, but no with specific details. They didn't send me an email with the specification and technical details.

I told the customer I have absolutely no confidence in Joule as a company, and therefore will not be quoting for the job. Someone else has since installed a Joule cylinder and the customer says it working ok.

Even if it's a good product, I wouldn't recommend them. Just imagine if there was a problem you were trying to resolve...

A customer asked me about Joule cylinders several months ago, so I called them trying to find out some information about their Thermal Stores, as they were suspiciously cheap!
They were not particularly helpful, but promised to email me some technical details of the cylinder, and also send the price to my local supplier.
They did send a quote through to my supplier, but no with specific details. They didn't send me an email with the specification and technical details.

I told the customer I have absolutely no confidence in Joule as a company, and therefore will not be quoting for the job. Someone else has since installed a Joule cylinder and the customer says it working ok.

Even if it's a good product, I wouldn't recommend them. Just imagine if there was a problem you were trying to resolve...

I had the exact opposite experience I needed a 500l stainless hot water storage cylinder with custom tappings all sorted with no issues. The merchants I use do have regular contact with rep so that may have had a bearing.

And ACV? Does the heating engineer need to have completed a course to fit these. I have never heard of them , so unsure how good they are?
Thanks very much

And ACV? Does the heating engineer need to have completed a course to fit these. I have never heard of them , so unsure how good they are?
Thanks very much

Acv are the best on the market
And you will pay for quality

Acv
oso super series
mega flow (but seriously over priced)

Then everything else :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! I have a new Vaillant boiler being...
Replies
Views
I have emailed my nearest city plumbing for a...
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
  • Question
And it's fixed! Had someone move the EV from...
Replies
Views
Back