Just Id'd this Sabre HE boiler-- | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Hardy1
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 279

Discuss Just Id'd this Sabre HE boiler-- in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hardy1

2013-01-23 17.25.09.jpg

I just ID'd this sabre HE combi boiler, all i was called in was for was the customer was saying theres water coming out of the boiler, so i went to the property and there was a plume management kit installed with no 90" bend on top so with all the snow and sleet we had that was the cause of her problems, on further investigation of the flue coming out of the boiler i discovered the flue elbow was as loose and Anything just wiggling up and down ( i cant seem to upload the other pictures) and also the flue pipe coming out of the elbow has been cut short and was just wedged in and secured with the clamp above, oh and if you look carefully they have secured the flue clamp with plasterboard screws....2013-01-23 17.25.13.jpg Ive got the landlord saying you cant do this etc!.. and its quite irritating literally... any advice? would be appreciated.

Maybe we should start reporting landlords?... These people get us in to do certs etc and check everything is ok and safe but in reality they don't give a **** how safe their appliances are! All they want is us to go in and give a cert saying it is...

you can ID it but need there permission to cap off,if they refuse ring the ESP who will turn up with the police and take the meter away

What I dislike is all the faff having to trace whether you can still get the flue to get it back up and running!! Pain in the butt! :D

you can ID it but need there permission to cap off,if they refuse ring the ESP who will turn up with the police and take the meter away
Is that what happens?

Is that what happens?

The ESP turn up to disc the meter. If they are refused access they dig the garden up and chop the supply. Reconnection is at the customers expense so it very rarely comes to that.

im meeting the landlord at 8 to discuss what actions he wants to take further- ill let you guys know how it gets on, seems to be a right pain the ***!! .. exactly how Diamondgas has said, its an hours job max!!! to rectify.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a sabre recently where the flue clamp was missing from the boiler to the flue elbow, in crystal palace ( I see you are in SE London ). Luckily the customer had the clamp, so god knows why the installer never fitted it. Maybe it was the same guy lol.

im meeting the landlord at 8 to discuss what actions he wants to take further- ill let you guys know how it gets on, seems to be a right pain the ***!! .. exactly how Diamondgas has said, its an hours job max!!! to rectify.

i would certainly charge more than an hours labour to rectify it unless..oh london rates.lol

id charge the hours the landlords taking up asking you to attend to discuss the matter. Theres nowt to discuss really, fix it or leave it disconnected simple, let him/her decide, no need for a meeting.

If you get told you did not have permission to disconnect then get your phone out say your phoning the gas emergency service and start dialing......... i bet you dont get to hit the green button :)

AW heating you read what i was gonna type lol. job on for tomorrow new flue system being installed.. Oh and of course the Benchmark and no building control certificate has been filled and signed , oh and it was a builder that installed it by the way. #BloodyBuilders

Ive got the landlord saying you cant do this etc!.
Don't you just love landlords like that, I always want to respond with "Watch me!!". Had it from a tenant once, doing a landlord safety check when I discover a 5mb drop on the tightness test. Tell her and inform her that I need to cap the supply with her permission. She goes off on one, conversations as follows:

Me-You have a gas leak, I'm going to have to cap off your gas supply with your permission.

Her- No I haven't, I've never smelt gas.

Me - Yes you do, I've done a pressure test on the pipework and it is showing you have a leak.

Her - (getting irate) I DO NOT have a gas leak, I had dogs that lived out in the porch for years and it never affected them! (dogs were now dead!!)

Me - Natural gas isn't toxic, it is out of my hands, the leak is above the permissible amount, it needs to be capped off!

Her - (after phoning someone moaning about me and a knuckle dragging friend turns up) I'm not happy about this, I want a second opinion!

Me - That is fine, I'll phone Wales and West, they'll find the exact same as me and they will cap it off, if you refuse they'll dig up the road and disconnect you from there!

She made a grumbling noise and went off in to the kitchen! Came back a few days later to re-run the gas pipe and she was my best friend!!

ESPs have an enforceable legal right to enter,inspect and disconnect as necessary.

where there is conflict and even a danger of threat then the Police can and will assist.

i always say,cutoff first,tell later...

ESPs have an enforceable legal right to enter,inspect and disconnect as necessary.

where there is conflict and even a danger of threat then the Police can and will assist.

i always say,cutoff first,tell later...

then your breaking the law you need their permission if you dont get it phone esp and get a reference number from themand then its their problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Done it myself. My analyser went mad at me...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Thanks John. Perfect. Much appreciated.
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Back