keston boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss keston boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poolman

I have just installed a keston Q37 to open vented system, tank is 4m above boiler and feed and expansion is 28mm teed into return within 2metres of boiler as per instructions. Radiators getting hot ok and hw circuit ok, but boiler is locking out on E37 lack of water pressure. instrctions say min static head should be 9ft which we have easily got that. Bar pressure at boiler is 0.32, instructions say we need a min of 0.6. Any suggestions, am reluctant to convert to sealed system as existing system was installed in the 80,s. poolman

4m is only approx .4 bar pressure .can the pressure switch be removed .i recall a glow worm boiler years ago having a pressure switch and in the instructions it stated in small print if the head was leas than stated the switch was to be linked out . i am not saying link it out just read the instructions to make sure something like this is not the case. if in doubt contact keston they are very helpful.

ant

I will speak to keston tomorrow, but reading instructions they dont indicate that i can link out pressure switch. I will try running the boiler tomorrow to make sure i get all the air out of system it was only run for about an hour this afternoon. Its fustrating but only went for a keston becuase of the flueing arrangement needed. It was not easy getting a new 28mm feed from tank to near the boiler, not sure what i will do if still not enough pressure tomorrow. thanks

poolman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
Back