Kibosh Emergency Pipe repair | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Kibosh Emergency Pipe repair in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been reading about this guys invention for a temporary pipe repair.
Kibosh - emergency pipe repair

Looks quite good, might keep one in the van for when I cut through the central heating pipes with my ripsaw! lol

On a serious note, I think the OFTEC guys (I'm only saying this as I am one too!!) should get a little banner thingy (whattever you call these new things). As I think good advise on oil burners is just as important.

On a serious note, I think the OFTEC guys (I'm only saying this as I am one too!!) should get a little banner thingy (whattever you call these new things). As I think good advise on oil burners is just as important.

I've already mentioned it fella , only cos ill be one next year

Agreed Phil. Better to just get the water isolated and deal with it properly than faff with one of these. Though it wouldnt hurt if people had one at home for emergencies. They need to make a 22mm one. Possibly a 28mm one too, as there is loads of it around.

I won't be buying one anytime soon, I have enough gimmicks. I'd end up lobbing it in the bin after it sat there for five years. I have a tool for toilet seat back nuts.....what was the point in that!!?

echo that!! It looks a waste of time.
If a pipes accessible enough to fit that massive contraption I will sure as hell fix it! In fact I would fix it anyway..
Maybe useful for a DIYer, but I can see this doing most of it's work in the back of the DIY novices tool cupboard...

Theres just too few cases where it would be usable IME

back payment plus the dabt mangment fee. thats it danny you will have to fold the business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
No problem, thank you for the advice. I admit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There were two 'classes' of alkathene black...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Much easier than that is to replace your bath...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nice, but, a word of caution is that this...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
Back